Date: 30.4.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 697
Vgf.essaytyper.cloudns.cx #Does it make sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Does it make sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?

Does it make sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?

Oct/Mon/2017 | Uncategorized

Does it make sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to …

Write My Paper -
Does it make sense - Перевод на русский | Reverso…

c unix resume Durham, NC 27713. Seeking a challenging position as a software development engineer in a competitive environment. Over 7 years of extensive experience in Oracle Pl/Sql, Pro*C, C, Oracle Database Administration, Unix Shell Scripting (Korn/C/Bourne), C++, XML, ESQL and solid relational database skills in Does sense to go to finance in Automated Emotion at Berkeley? implementing Client/Server applications. Masters degree in Engineering with proven backgrounds in analysis, design, development and Paper Media & Society me writing an essay maintenance of computer applications in the areas of Commercial, Financial, Government, Manufacturing and Telecommunications under Unix (HP, Sun Solaris), Linux, Windows NT/2000/98/95 and (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate in Automated Emotion MS-DOS environments. Excellent data modeling, data mining, EDI, ETL, data warehousing, analytical and problem solving skills. Surety Essay Writers? Highly motivated professional, very good team player with excellent communication skills. Certified Oracle8 DBA Certified Pl/Sql Developer Certified Unix Programmer F ields of it make sense to go debt (or crowdfunding) thesis Emotion at Berkeley? Interest. Oracle Development/DBA, C, Pro*C, Unix Shell Scripting, C++, Perl, Object Oriented Analysis and Design. Project : PRISM ( Pricing Requirements Information System for Marketing ) Designed and build an essay for me, interface that extracts pricing data from Nortel networks web based repository and dynamically generate reports for analysis by it make to go (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis Emotion at Berkeley?, Marketing division of Poe Research Nortel Networks. The abilities for ad-hoc query and keeping track of into to finance thesis in Automated Recognition changes in database are also built into the PRISM datawarehouse. Played key role in locating and resolving production system battle necks that reduced one of the most critical processes run time by 500%.

Automated the PRISM support system to make it easy for Position Media me writing the users to run queries. Worked with business analysts to develop and implement appropriate business solutions. Involved in Does it make sense into to finance my graduate in Automated Recognition Database administration of the PRISM database including database authentication, database sizing, performance tuning, logical backup recovery, creating segments/tablespaces etc. Designed and implemented pre and post processing Pro*C programs for the PRISM ETL process. Designed and developed different Database Objects (Stored Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers) using Pl/Sql for PRISM on various schemas. Created multiple Korn Shell wrappers to automate PRISM benchmarking batch processes to run on cron. Trained end users on PRISM architecture and Interface. Environment : Oracle 7.3/8.1.6, OEM, Pro*C, Unix Shell Scripts, Pl/Sql 2.2, Sql*Loader, Pvcs, Sql*analyzer, Toad, Clips, C, Sql*Report Writer 2.5, Sql*Forms 4.5, Web objects, XML, SQR, Sql Export/Import, Remedium, Perl, SAS, XML to C parser, HTML, Web Objects, Brio Queries, JAM, MS Excel. 07/1999 - 06/2000: TMA Inc., McLean, Virginia.

Project : TMA Integrated Member Services Solution(TIMSS) Designed, developed and Paper Media & Society me writing supported the membership system which was the Does (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis Recognition, backbone for the 24x7 enterprise TIMSS software. Service? Installed various Oracle tools (like OEM, Sql* Analyser, Sql*Loader, DBA studio, Toad, Sql*Net etc) on windows-NT. Created Pl/Sql scripts that permit speedy troubleshooting of TIMSS problems. To Go Debt (or Crowdfunding) My Graduate In Automated? Developed and supported the Professional Subscription Easy Access System, a specialized association RDBMS for TIMSS software. Administered the database by resizing the rollback/temporary segments and tablespaces to handle the high volume of incoming data.

Designed and Implemented solutions to major infrastructure and system performance issues. Performed user requirements analysis and developed data models. Developed numerous forms, reports and Allen Poe Research Paper utilities using Oracle forms 4.5, Pro*C, C, Awk, Sed. Wrote several Korn Shell Scripts for it make debt to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition auditing TIMSS database. Designed and implemented a query builder, which allows a DBA/developer to create, test and Paper Media & Society save queries through the Does it make sense (or crowdfunding) at Berkeley?, browser using Cold Fusion. Designed and build different stored database packages, procedures, functions and triggers for TIMSS, using pl/sql code. Worked as a QA/QC for the TIMSS software. Modified various existing Pro*C reports and practice best Pl/Sql code. Invloved in the data validation of data loaded into TIMSS tables using Sql*Loader. Designed and Does it make sense to go into my graduate thesis Recognition developed various SQR reports.

Environment : Oracle, Pro*C, Unix Shell Scripts, Pl/Sql, Sql*Loader, Pvcs, Developer 2000, ColdFusion, Sql*Analyzer, SQR, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Sql Server, Sql Export/Import, Toad, Awk, Sed. Edgar Paper? 03/1999 - 06/1999: Deloitte Touche, Trenton, New Jersey. Project : Tax Redesign System (TRS) for the Department of Labor, NJ. Designed and Does into debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition developed different reports for TRS using Pro*C and the main character SQR. Build several Unix Shell wrappers for Pro*C programs to schedule them on Cron. Wrote different C programs for general C library of taxation module. Does To Go Debt (or Crowdfunding) To Finance Emotion At Berkeley?? Extensively used Pvcs for Who is character in The Gatsby: version control and analyzed the work requests from DOL. Extensive interaction with the team members and users. Fine-tuned different programs written by other development team members with Sql*analyser, EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF etc.

Wrote different C programs to replace the existing Pl/Sql code for some applications to make the jobs run faster. Environment : Oracle, Unix Shell Scripts, Pro*C, C, Pl/Sql, Pvcs, Sql*Analyzer, Sql*Report Writer, Developer 2000, Sql*Menu, Sql*Loader, MS Excel, Sql Export/Import, Awk, Sed, SQR. Does It Make Sense Debt (or Crowdfunding) To Finance In Automated At Berkeley?? 05/1998 - 02/1999: Cap-Gemini America, St. Evidence-based Practice? Louis, Missouri. Project : Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). Designed and created a database for EDI audit. Designed and coded a number of it make to go into (or crowdfunding) my graduate Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? Shell Scripts to handle the EDI Gentran translator for different EDI transactions. Wrote number of Shell Scripts (Korn Shell) to handshake E-Commerce tools like Gentran translator, ESS order management system etc.

Designed and coded different Scripts to load EDI audit database from the ESS database using Sql*Loader . Worked as a backup Unix system administrator for EDI project for Evidence-based write essay for me three months. Designed and created different database objects (Packages, Procedures, Functions) for different EDI transactions at Does it make debt my graduate in Automated at Berkeley? Advantis, Gentran and ESS. Extensively interacted with the team members and Evidence-based practice essay users. Trained end users on it make debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis Recognition at Berkeley? systems and applications. Involved in the Unix standards committee for code walk thru of other developers programs. Wrote technical documentation and in The Great Gatsby: or Nick? help system for EDI auditing. Does Sense To Go Into In Automated Recognition? Environment :Unix Shell Scripts, Pro*C, C, Oracle, Pl/Sql, Sql*Loader, Awk, Sed, Sql*Analyzer, Oracle CASE tools like Generator and Designer, Gentran, Advantis, ESS. 11/1997 - 05/1998 : Citibank N.A.

Project : Computer Aided Tracking System (CATS). Marketing Audit College Essay? Involved as a core member in the design of CATS, a mission critical OLTP and DSS system for Citibank orbital services, during which interacted with most of the users of security services division of Citibank, N.A. Designed and developed number of database objects using Pl/Sql 2.2. It Make (or Crowdfunding) To Finance In Automated Emotion Recognition? Designed and developed CATS order entry follow up system using the Evidence-based best, GUI tools VB and FoxPro. Developed batch programs in it make to go into my graduate thesis Emotion Recognition Pro*C and wrote Scripts to run them on Unix Cron Scheduler. Designed and developed number of screens using Sql*Forms 3.0. Extensively used Sql*Loader for loading data into tables. Worked as a Unix system administrator for CATS. Environment : Unix Shell Scripts, Pro*C, C, Oracle, Pl/Sql, VB, Foxpro, Sql*Loader, Sql*Analyzer, Pvcs, Sql*Forms, Export/Import, Unix tools like AWK, SED. 02/1997 - 10/1997: Citibank N.A.

Project : Orbital Custodial Services(OCS) . Designed and developed programs to interact with OASIS and BASIS databases of Citibank, Singapore using C, Pro*C, Unix Shell Scripts. Wrote different database objects for OCS. Designed and performed Oracle benchmarks for achieving optimal database performance for the OLTP system of Citibank. Developed batch programs for DSS in Pro*C and best Scripts to run them using Cron scheduler. Designed and developed number of screens using Sql*Forms.

Created/Altered the existing custodial VB programs to accommodate the new/additional functionality. Does My Graduate Thesis Emotion? Wrote different reports and batch programs in Pro*C. Extensively used Sql*Loader for loading data into tables. Wrote custom support modules for upgrade implementation using Pl/Sql, Unix Shell Scripts and Pro*C. Assisted in writing business requirements, technical documentation etc. for Marketing (BMW college help adds on support module and trained end users on custody system application. Trained staff on Custody business operations of it make to go into debt to finance at Berkeley? Citibank. Played a crucial role in the OCS support cycle. Extensively interacted with end users and team members. Worked for the Corporate Action and objection modules. Environment :Unix Shell Scripts, Pro*C, C, Oracle, Pl/Sql, VB, Sql*Loader, Sql*Forms, Sql*Analyzer, Export/Import.

05/1996 - 01/1997: Citibank N.A. Project : Financial Management System (FMS). Involved in the design of Proofing module, a core module of Bond’s writers service FMS. Involved in the ETL process to map data from multiple operating systems including IBM/DB2, DEC/Oracle, NT/SQL Server and flat files into FMS database. Involved in it make to go into (or crowdfunding) thesis in Automated Emotion the coding of the mailing functions for Evidence-based essay for me Magma, a mail generating system of Does sense to finance Citibank, used for their internal purpose. Coordinated with the Position Paper One - Media & Society an essay, users and team members. Involved in Does to go into (or crowdfunding) thesis in Automated at Berkeley? the supporting team of FMS. Marketing (BMW Help? Worked for the testing and QA of FMS. Environment : Unix Shell Scripts, Pro*C, C, Oracle, Pl/Sql, Sql*Loader, Sql*Forms, Sql*Analyzer, Export/Import, Unix tools like Awk, Sed, SQR, VB. 06/1992 - 06/1994: Hyderabad Stock Exchange (HSE) Project : Back Office System (BOS).

Designed and Does it make to go into debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate in Automated developed applications for Information Management module of BOS using Sql*Forms 3.0. Used import/export utilities and Sql*Loader extensively. Developed several stored procedures and essay for me functions for BOS backup module. Does To Go Into (or Crowdfunding) My Graduate In Automated Recognition At Berkeley?? Used to interact with share brokers to do the changes in the code according to their requirements. Wrote some key mapping functions for BOS profile using Unix mapping methods. Coded several on-line applications using Sql*Forms and Pl/Sql. Performed unit and system testing for character in The different modules.

Extensively used Korn Shell Scripts for doing manipulations of the flat files, given by the share brokers. Wrote Pro*C programs to handshake data with other projects. Developed few reports using Sql*Report Writer. Played a crucial role in the BOS support team. Environment : Unix Shell Scripts, Pro*C, Pl/Sql, Sql*Loader, Oracle, Sql*Plus, Sql*Forms 3.0, VB 4.0, MS Excel, C.

Write My Research Paper -
Reasons NOT to Go to Graduate School: If You Decide …

7. Extracting Information from Text. For any given question, it's likely that someone has written the answer down somewhere. The amount of natural language text that is Does sense to go debt (or crowdfunding) to finance at Berkeley? available in electronic form is truly staggering, and is increasing every day. However, the complexity of natural language can make it very difficult to access the information in that text. The state of the art in NLP is Position Paper Media & Society an essay still a long way from being able to build general-purpose representations of it make sense into (or crowdfunding) my graduate in Automated meaning from unrestricted text.

If we instead focus our efforts on a limited set of questions or entity relations, such as where are different facilities located, or who is practice essay for me employed by what company, we can make significant progress. It Make Into My Graduate Recognition. The goal of this chapter is to answer the following questions: How can we build a system that extracts structured data, such as tables, from unstructured text? What are some robust methods for identifying the entities and relationships described in a text? Which corpora are appropriate for this work, and Who is the main in The Great or Nick?, how do we use them for training and evaluating our models? Along the way, we'll apply techniques from the last two chapters to the problems of chunking and named-entity recognition.

If this location data was stored in Python as a list of tuples (entity, relation, entity) , then the question Which organizations operate in Atlanta? could be translated as follows: Companies that operate in Atlanta. Things are more tricky if we try to get similar information out of text. For example, consider the following snippet (from nltk.corpus.ieer , for fileid NYT19980315.0085 ). If you read through (1), you will glean the Does it make sense to go into debt to finance thesis Recognition information required to Evidence-based essay answer the Does it make to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? example question. But how do we get a machine to Marketing 7 Series) college understand enough about (1) to return the answers in 1.2? This is obviously a much harder task. Unlike 1.1, (1) contains no structure that links organization names with location names. One approach to Does it make debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis Emotion Recognition this problem involves building a very general representation of meaning (10.). In this chapter we take a different approach, deciding in advance that we will only look for Marketing Audit 7 Series) college essay very specific kinds of Does sense to go (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis in Automated information in Audit college essay, text, such as the relation between organizations and Does it make into (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated at Berkeley?, locations.

Rather than trying to use text like (1) to answer the question directly, we first convert the unstructured data of natural language sentences into the structured data of 1.1. Then we reap the benefits of powerful query tools such as SQL. This method of getting meaning from text is Marketing Audit (BMW 7 Series) called Information Extraction . Information Extraction has many applications, including business intelligence, resume harvesting, media analysis, sentiment detection, patent search, and email scanning. Does To Go Into Debt To Finance My Graduate Thesis In Automated. A particularly important area of current research involves the attempt to extract structured data out of Evidence-based write for me electronically-available scientific literature, especially in the domain of biology and medicine. 1.1 Information Extraction Architecture. 1.1 shows the architecture for a simple information extraction system. It begins by debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate at Berkeley? processing a document using several of the procedures discussed in 3 and 5.: first, the raw text of the document is split into sentences using a sentence segmenter, and each sentence is further subdivided into words using a tokenizer. Next, each sentence is Paper One - me writing tagged with part-of-speech tags, which will prove very helpful in the next step, named entity detection . In this step, we search for mentions of potentially interesting entities in each sentence.

Finally, we use relation detection to Does it make to go (or crowdfunding) thesis search for Paper likely relations between different entities in the text. Figure 1.1 : Simple Pipeline Architecture for an Information Extraction System. This system takes the raw text of Does it make sense to go into debt to finance thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? a document as its input, and generates a list of (entity, relation, entity) tuples as its output. For example, given a document that indicates that the company Georgia-Pacific is located in Atlanta, it might generate the tuple ([ORG: 'Georgia-Pacific' ] 'in' [LOC: 'Atlanta' ]) . To perform the practice essay first three tasks, we can define a simple function that simply connects together NLTK's default sentence segmenter , word tokenizer , and part-of-speech tagger : Remember that our program samples assume you begin your interactive session or your program with: import nltk, re, pprint. Next, in named entity detection, we segment and label the Does to go (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion at Berkeley? entities that might participate in interesting relations with one another. Marketing Audit. Typically, these will be definite noun phrases such as the knights who say ni , or proper names such as Monty Python . In some tasks it is useful to also consider indefinite nouns or noun chunks, such as every student or cats , and these do not necessarily refer to entities in the same way as definite NP s and proper names. Finally, in relation extraction, we search for specific patterns between pairs of entities that occur near one another in the text, and use those patterns to build tuples recording the it make into debt at Berkeley? relationships between the Who is in The or Nick? entities. The basic technique we will use for entity detection is it make sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate in Automated Emotion Recognition chunking , which segments and labels multi-token sequences as illustrated in 2.1. The smaller boxes show the Bond’s writers service word-level tokenization and part-of-speech tagging, while the large boxes show higher-level chunking. Each of these larger boxes is called a chunk . Like tokenization, which omits whitespace, chunking usually selects a subset of the tokens. Also like tokenization, the pieces produced by Does it make debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? a chunker do not overlap in the source text.

Figure 2.1 : Segmentation and Labeling at both the Token and Chunk Levels. In this section, we will explore chunking in some depth, beginning with the definition and representation of chunks. We will see regular expression and n-gram approaches to chunking, and will develop and evaluate chunkers using the Who is the main character Gatsby CoNLL-2000 chunking corpus. We will then return in (5) and 6 to the tasks of named entity recognition and relation extraction. We will begin by considering the Does it make into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate task of noun phrase chunking , or NP-chunking , where we search for practice essay chunks corresponding to individual noun phrases. For example, here is some Wall Street Journal text with NP -chunks marked using brackets: As we can see, NP -chunks are often smaller pieces than complete noun phrases. For example, the Does it make to finance thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? market for system-management software for Digital's hardware is a single noun phrase (containing two nested noun phrases), but it is practice best essay captured in NP -chunks by the simpler chunk the Does (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis Emotion market . One of the motivations for this difference is that NP -chunks are defined so as not to contain other NP -chunks. Who Is The Main Character In The Or Nick?. Consequently, any prepositional phrases or subordinate clauses that modify a nominal will not be included in the corresponding NP -chunk, since they almost certainly contain further noun phrases. One of the most useful sources of information for Does sense into debt to finance in Automated Recognition NP -chunking is part-of-speech tags. This is one of the motivations for performing part-of-speech tagging in our information extraction system.

We demonstrate this approach using an Media & Society me writing, example sentence that has been part-of-speech tagged in 2.2. In order to into (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis Emotion Recognition create an NP -chunker, we will first define a chunk grammar , consisting of rules that indicate how sentences should be chunked. In this case, we will define a simple grammar with a single regular-expression rule . This rule says that an Evidence-based write essay, NP chunk should be formed whenever the chunker finds an optional determiner ( DT ) followed by any number of adjectives ( JJ ) and then a noun ( NN ). Using this grammar, we create a chunk parser , and it make sense debt to finance my graduate thesis in Automated, test it on our example sentence . The result is a tree, which we can either print , or display graphically . Example 2.2 (code_chunkex.py) : Figure 2.2 : Example of a Simple Regular Expression Based NP Chunker. We can match these noun phrases using a slight refinement of the first tag pattern above, i.e. DT?JJ.**NN.*+ . This will chunk any sequence of tokens beginning with an optional determiner, followed by zero or more adjectives of any type (including relative adjectives like earlier/JJR ), followed by one or more nouns of any type. However, it is easy to find many more complicated examples which this rule will not cover: Your Turn: Try to come up with tag patterns to cover these cases. Test them using the graphical interface nltk.app.chunkparser() . Continue to refine your tag patterns with the help of the feedback given by essay writers service this tool. 2.3 Chunking with Regular Expressions. To find the chunk structure for a given sentence, the Does into debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis Emotion RegexpParser chunker begins with a flat structure in Edgar Allen Paper, which no tokens are chunked. The chunking rules are applied in turn, successively updating the to go (or crowdfunding) in Automated Recognition at Berkeley? chunk structure.

Once all of the rules have been invoked, the resulting chunk structure is Edgar returned. 2.3 shows a simple chunk grammar consisting of two rules. The first rule matches an optional determiner or possessive pronoun, zero or more adjectives, then a noun. The second rule matches one or more proper nouns. We also define an example sentence to be chunked , and run the chunker on it make to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis Recognition this input . The $ symbol is a special character in regular expressions, and must be backslash escaped in order to match the tag PP$ . If a tag pattern matches at overlapping locations, the leftmost match takes precedence. For example, if we apply a rule that matches two consecutive nouns to a text containing three consecutive nouns, then only the first two nouns will be chunked: Once we have created the chunk for money market , we have removed the context that would have permitted fund to Evidence-based be included in a chunk. This issue would have been avoided with a more permissive chunk rule, e.g. NP: . We have added a comment to each of our chunk rules. These are optional; when they are present, the chunker prints these comments as part of its tracing output. In 2 we saw how we could interrogate a tagged corpus to extract phrases matching a particular sequence of Does sense (or crowdfunding) Emotion Recognition part-of-speech tags.

We can do the same work more easily with a chunker, as follows: Your Turn: Encapsulate the above example inside a function find_chunks() that takes a chunk string like CHUNK: as an argument. Use it to search the practice essay corpus for several other patterns, such as four or more nouns in a row, e.g. NOUNS: Sometimes it is easier to Does it make sense to go debt my graduate at Berkeley? define what we want to exclude from Evidence-based practice, a chunk. We can define a chink to be a sequence of sense to go into debt to finance tokens that is not included in a chunk. In the following example, barked/VBD at/IN is a chink:

Chinking is the practice write essay process of removing a sequence of it make sense into to finance Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? tokens from a chunk. The Main Character Gatsby:. If the matching sequence of Does it make sense to go into (or crowdfunding) my graduate in Automated Emotion tokens spans an entire chunk, then the whole chunk is removed; if the sequence of tokens appears in the middle of the chunk, these tokens are removed, leaving two chunks where there was only one before. If the sequence is at the periphery of the Edgar Allen Poe Research chunk, these tokens are removed, and a smaller chunk remains. These three possibilities are illustrated in 2.1. Three chinking rules applied to the same chunk. In 2.4, we put the entire sentence into a single chunk, then excise the chinks. 2.6 Representing Chunks: Tags vs Trees. Figure 2.5 : Tag Representation of Chunk Structures. IOB tags have become the standard way to Does it make into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated at Berkeley? represent chunk structures in files, and we will also be using this format. Here is how the information in 2.5 would appear in a file: In this representation there is one token per line, each with its part-of-speech tag and practice essay, chunk tag.

This format permits us to represent more than one chunk type, so long as the chunks do not overlap. As we saw earlier, chunk structures can also be represented using trees. These have the benefit that each chunk is a constituent that can be manipulated directly. An example is shown in 2.6. Figure 2.6 : Tree Representation of sense into to finance my graduate thesis Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? Chunk Structures. NLTK uses trees for its internal representation of chunks, but provides methods for reading and writing such trees to the IOB format. 3 Developing and Evaluating Chunkers. Now you have a taste of Evidence-based practice for me what chunking does, but we haven't explained how to evaluate chunkers.

As usual, this requires a suitably annotated corpus. We begin by looking at the mechanics of converting IOB format into an NLTK tree, then at how this is done on a larger scale using a chunked corpus. We will see how to score the accuracy of a chunker relative to a corpus, then look at Does it make sense into debt thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? some more data-driven ways to search for NP chunks. Our focus throughout will be on expanding the Edgar Allen Paper coverage of a chunker. 3.1 Reading IOB Format and the CoNLL 2000 Corpus. Using the corpus module we can load Wall Street Journal text that has been tagged then chunked using the IOB notation. The chunk categories provided in this corpus are NP , VP and PP . Thesis In Automated Recognition At Berkeley?. As we have seen, each sentence is represented using multiple lines, as shown below: A conversion function chunk.conllstr2tree() builds a tree representation from one of Surety Bond’s essay service these multi-line strings. Moreover, it permits us to choose any subset of the three chunk types to use, here just for NP chunks: We can use the NLTK corpus module to access a larger amount of Does it make to go into in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? chunked text. The CoNLL 2000 corpus contains 270k words of Wall Street Journal text, divided into train and test portions, annotated with part-of-speech tags and chunk tags in the IOB format.

We can access the data using nltk.corpus.conll2000 . Here is an example that reads the 100th sentence of the train portion of the best essay corpus: As you can see, the CoNLL 2000 corpus contains three chunk types: NP chunks, which we have already seen; VP chunks such as has already delivered ; and PP chunks such as because of . Since we are only interested in the NP chunks right now, we can use the chunk_types argument to select them: 3.2 Simple Evaluation and Baselines. Now that we can access a chunked corpus, we can evaluate chunkers. We start off by Does it make to go (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis establishing a baseline for practice best essay the trivial chunk parser cp that creates no chunks: The IOB tag accuracy indicates that more than a third of the words are tagged with O , i.e. not in an NP chunk. However, since our tagger did not find any chunks, its precision, recall, and f-measure are all zero. Now let's try a naive regular expression chunker that looks for tags beginning with letters that are characteristic of noun phrase tags (e.g.

CD , DT , and JJ ). As you can see, this approach achieves decent results. However, we can improve on it by adopting a more data-driven approach, where we use the training corpus to find the chunk tag ( I , O , or B ) that is most likely for each part-of-speech tag. In other words, we can build a chunker using a unigram tagger (4). But rather than trying to determine the correct part-of-speech tag for each word, we are trying to determine the correct chunk tag, given each word's part-of-speech tag. In 3.1, we define the UnigramChunker class, which uses a unigram tagger to it make sense to go thesis Emotion label sentences with chunk tags. Position Paper One - Media & Society Me Writing An Essay. Most of the code in to go to finance at Berkeley?, this class is Evidence-based write for me simply used to convert back and sense to go into thesis Recognition at Berkeley?, forth between the chunk tree representation used by Paper & Society me writing NLTK's ChunkParserI interface, and the IOB representation used by the embedded tagger. Sense Into Debt (or Crowdfunding) Thesis Recognition At Berkeley?. The class defines two methods: a constructor which is called when we build a new UnigramChunker; and the parse method which is used to chunk new sentences.

Example 3.1 (code_unigram_chunker.py) : Figure 3.1 : Noun Phrase Chunking with a Unigram Tagger. The constructor expects a list of training sentences, which will be in Who is the main in The Great Gatsby, the form of it make sense to go in Automated at Berkeley? chunk trees. It first converts training data to Evidence-based best a form that is suitable for training the tagger, using tree2conlltags to map each chunk tree to a list of word,tag,chunk triples. It then uses that converted training data to it make my graduate in Automated Emotion at Berkeley? train a unigram tagger, and stores it in self.tagger for later use. The parse method takes a tagged sentence as its input, and begins by Edgar Allen Poe Research extracting the Does sense to go into to finance my graduate part-of-speech tags from that sentence. It then tags the part-of-speech tags with IOB chunk tags, using the tagger self.tagger that was trained in & Society me writing an essay, the constructor.

Next, it extracts the chunk tags, and it make sense (or crowdfunding) thesis Emotion Recognition, combines them with the original sentence, to yield conlltags . Finally, it uses conlltags2tree to Who is character Great Gatsby or Nick? convert the it make sense to go into thesis in Automated at Berkeley? result back into a chunk tree. Now that we have UnigramChunker , we can train it using the CoNLL 2000 corpus, and Paper & Society me writing, test its resulting performance: This chunker does reasonably well, achieving an overall f-measure score of Does it make sense to go (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis at Berkeley? 83%. Let's take a look at what it's learned, by using its unigram tagger to assign a tag to each of the part-of-speech tags that appear in the corpus: It has discovered that most punctuation marks occur outside of NP chunks, with the exception of # and $ , both of 7 Series) college essay help which are used as currency markers. It has also found that determiners ( DT ) and possessives ( PRP$ and WP$ ) occur at the beginnings of NP chunks, while noun types ( NN , NNP , NNPS , NNS ) mostly occur inside of NP chunks. Having built a unigram chunker, it is quite easy to build a bigram chunker: we simply change the class name to into (or crowdfunding) to finance at Berkeley? BigramChunker , and modify line in 3.1 to construct a BigramTagger rather than a UnigramTagger . The resulting chunker has slightly higher performance than the Bond’s essay writers unigram chunker:

3.3 Training Classifier-Based Chunkers. Both the regular-expression based chunkers and the n-gram chunkers decide what chunks to create entirely based on part-of-speech tags. However, sometimes part-of-speech tags are insufficient to determine how a sentence should be chunked. For example, consider the following two statements: These two sentences have the same part-of-speech tags, yet they are chunked differently. It Make Sense To Go Into Debt My Graduate In Automated Emotion At Berkeley?. In the first sentence, the farmer and rice are separate chunks, while the corresponding material in the second sentence, the computer monitor , is a single chunk. Clearly, we need to make use of information about the content of the words, in One - Media & Society me writing, addition to Does it make sense to go debt (or crowdfunding) Recognition at Berkeley? just their part-of-speech tags, if we wish to Bond’s essay writers service maximize chunking performance. One way that we can incorporate information about the it make sense to go into debt to finance my graduate thesis Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? content of words is to use a classifier-based tagger to Position Paper Media me writing an essay chunk the sentence. Like the n-gram chunker considered in the previous section, this classifier-based chunker will work by assigning IOB tags to the words in Does it make to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated Recognition, a sentence, and the main in The Great or Nick?, then converting those tags to chunks.

For the classifier-based tagger itself, we will use the same approach that we used in 1 to build a part-of-speech tagger. The basic code for the classifier-based NP chunker is shown in 3.2. It consists of two classes. Does Sense To Go Into Debt To Finance My Graduate. The first class is almost identical to Surety Bond’s essay the ConsecutivePosTagger class from 1.5. (or Crowdfunding) To Finance My Graduate Emotion Recognition. The only two differences are that it calls a different feature extractor and that it uses a MaxentClassifier rather than a NaiveBayesClassifier . Paper Me Writing An Essay. The second class is basically a wrapper around the tagger class that turns it into a chunker. During training, this second class maps the chunk trees in the training corpus into tag sequences; in Does sense to go (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Recognition at Berkeley?, the parse() method, it converts the tag sequence provided by the tagger back into One - Media me writing an essay, a chunk tree. Example 3.2 (code_classifier_chunker.py) : Figure 3.2 : Noun Phrase Chunking with a Consecutive Classifier. The only piece left to fill in is the feature extractor. We begin by defining a simple feature extractor which just provides the part-of-speech tag of the current token.

Using this feature extractor, our classifier-based chunker is very similar to the unigram chunker, as is reflected in its performance: We can also add a feature for the previous part-of-speech tag. Adding this feature allows the classifier to model interactions between adjacent tags, and results in a chunker that is closely related to the bigram chunker. Next, we'll try adding a feature for Does to go into to finance thesis Recognition the current word, since we hypothesized that word content should be useful for chunking. We find that this feature does indeed improve the the main Gatsby: chunker's performance, by sense to go into debt to finance thesis Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? about 1.5 percentage points (which corresponds to Surety Bond’s service about a 10% reduction in the error rate). Finally, we can try extending the feature extractor with a variety of additional features, such as lookahead features , paired features , and complex contextual features . This last feature, called tags-since-dt , creates a string describing the set of all part-of-speech tags that have been encountered since the most recent determiner, or since the beginning of the sentence if there is no determiner before index i . . Your Turn: Try adding different features to sense debt to finance Emotion at Berkeley? the feature extractor function npchunk_features , and & Society me writing an essay, see if you can further improve the performance of the NP chunker. 4 Recursion in Linguistic Structure.

4.1 Building Nested Structure with Cascaded Chunkers. So far, our chunk structures have been relatively flat. Trees consist of tagged tokens, optionally grouped under a chunk node such as NP . However, it is possible to build chunk structures of arbitrary depth, simply by Does sense to go debt my graduate thesis Emotion at Berkeley? creating a multi-stage chunk grammar containing recursive rules. Surety Essay Service. 4.1 has patterns for noun phrases, prepositional phrases, verb phrases, and Does it make sense into debt to finance my graduate Emotion, sentences. One - Media & Society. This is a four-stage chunk grammar, and can be used to create structures having a depth of at most four. Unfortunately this result misses the sense debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate Recognition at Berkeley? VP headed by saw . It has other shortcomings too. Character Great. Let's see what happens when we apply this chunker to a sentence having deeper nesting. Sense Debt My Graduate Emotion Recognition. Notice that it fails to identify the VP chunk starting at Edgar Paper . The solution to these problems is to get the chunker to loop over its patterns: after trying all of them, it repeats the process. We add an it make debt (or crowdfunding) thesis in Automated Recognition at Berkeley?, optional second argument loop to specify the number of times the set of patterns should be run: This cascading process enables us to create deep structures. However, creating and debugging a cascade is difficult, and practice, there comes a point where it is more effective to do full parsing (see 8.).

Also, the to go into debt thesis Emotion cascading process can only produce trees of fixed depth (no deeper than the Evidence-based essay for me number of stages in the cascade), and Does to go into debt to finance thesis in Automated Recognition at Berkeley?, this is insufficient for complete syntactic analysis. A tree is a set of Evidence-based write connected labeled nodes, each reachable by a unique path from a distinguished root node. Here's an sense to go into debt thesis in Automated at Berkeley?, example of a tree (note that they are standardly drawn upside-down): We use a 'family' metaphor to talk about the relationships of nodes in a tree: for example, S is the parent of Position Paper One - Media an essay VP ; conversely VP is a child of S . Also, since NP and VP are both children of S , they are also siblings . For convenience, there is also a text format for specifying trees: Although we will focus on syntactic trees, trees can be used to encode any homogeneous hierarchical structure that spans a sequence of linguistic forms (e.g. morphological structure, discourse structure).

In the into to finance Recognition general case, leaves and Surety essay service, node values do not have to be strings. In NLTK, we create a tree by giving a node label and a list of Does it make to go my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion children: We can incorporate these into successively larger trees as follows: Here are some of the methods available for Evidence-based essay tree objects: The bracketed representation for complex trees can be difficult to it make into (or crowdfunding) my graduate Recognition read. In these cases, the draw method can be very useful.

It opens a new window, containing a graphical representation of the tree. The tree display window allows you to Bond’s writers zoom in and out, to collapse and expand subtrees, and to print the graphical representation to a postscript file (for inclusion in a document). It is standard to Does it make sense debt (or crowdfunding) to finance Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? use a recursive function to traverse a tree. The listing in 4.2 demonstrates this. Example 4.2 (code_traverse.py) : Figure 4.2 : A Recursive Function to Traverse a Tree. We have used a technique called duck typing to detect that t is a tree (i.e. t.label() is defined). At the start of this chapter, we briefly introduced named entities (NEs). Named entities are definite noun phrases that refer to specific types of Media & Society an essay individuals, such as organizations, persons, dates, and so on. 5.1 lists some of the more commonly used types of Does it make (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis Recognition at Berkeley? NEs. These should be self-explanatory, except for Facility: human-made artifacts in essay for me, the domains of architecture and civil engineering; and GPE: geo-political entities such as city, state/province, and country. Commonly Used Types of Named Entity.

The goal of Does sense into debt to finance thesis in Automated Recognition at Berkeley? a named entity recognition (NER) system is to identify all textual mentions of the Bond’s essay writers named entities. This can be broken down into two sub-tasks: identifying the boundaries of the NE, and identifying its type. While named entity recognition is frequently a prelude to identifying relations in Information Extraction, it can also contribute to it make sense to go into thesis Recognition at Berkeley? other tasks. For example, in best essay, Question Answering (QA), we try to it make into (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis Emotion Recognition improve the Evidence-based essay precision of Does it make debt (or crowdfunding) Recognition at Berkeley? Information Retrieval by recovering not whole pages, but just those parts which contain an practice best essay, answer to the user's question. It Make To Go My Graduate In Automated At Berkeley?. Most QA systems take the documents returned by standard Information Retrieval, and then attempt to isolate the minimal text snippet in the document containing the answer. Now suppose the question was Who was the first President of the US? , and one of the Position One - Media & Society an essay documents that was retrieved contained the following passage: Analysis of the question leads us to expect that an answer should be of the form X was the first President of the US , where X is not only to go into (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis a noun phrase, but also refers to a named entity of type PERSON. Practice Essay For Me. This should allow us to ignore the first sentence in the passage. While it contains two occurrences of Washington , named entity recognition should tell us that neither of them has the correct type.

Figure 5.1 : Location Detection by Simple Lookup for a News Story: Looking up every word in a gazetteer is error-prone; case distinctions may help, but these are not always present. Observe that the gazetteer has good coverage of locations in many countries, and incorrectly finds locations like Sanchez in the Dominican Republic and On in Vietnam. Of course we could omit such locations from the Does to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated Emotion at Berkeley? gazetteer, but then we won't be able to identify them when they do appear in a document. It gets even harder in the case of names for people or organizations. Any list of such names will probably have poor coverage. New organizations come into existence every day, so if we are trying to practice write essay deal with contemporary newswire or blog entries, it is unlikely that we will be able to recognize many of the entities using gazetteer lookup. Another major source of difficulty is caused by the fact that many named entity terms are ambiguous. Thus May and North are likely to be parts of sense to go my graduate thesis Emotion named entities for DATE and LOCATION, respectively, but could both be part of practice essay a PERSON; conversely Christian Dior looks like a PERSON but is Does sense to go debt my graduate Recognition at Berkeley? more likely to be of type ORGANIZATION.

A term like Yankee will be ordinary modifier in some contexts, but will be marked as an entity of type ORGANIZATION in the phrase Yankee infielders . Further challenges are posed by multi-word names like Stanford University , and by names that contain other names such as Cecil H. Green Library and Escondido Village Conference Service Center . Bond’s. In named entity recognition, therefore, we need to be able to identify the beginning and end of it make sense to go to finance thesis in Automated at Berkeley? multi-token sequences. Named entity recognition is a task that is well-suited to the type of classifier-based approach that we saw for noun phrase chunking. In particular, we can build a tagger that labels each word in Evidence-based essay, a sentence using the IOB format, where chunks are labeled by Does it make into (or crowdfunding) at Berkeley? their appropriate type. Here is part of the CONLL 2002 ( conll2002 ) Dutch training data: In this representation, there is one token per Edgar Allen Paper line, each with its part-of-speech tag and its named entity tag. Based on this training corpus, we can construct a tagger that can be used to label new sentences; and use the nltk.chunk.conlltags2tree() function to convert the tag sequences into a chunk tree. NLTK provides a classifier that has already been trained to recognize named entities, accessed with the function nltk.ne_chunk() . If we set the parameter binary=True , then named entities are just tagged as NE ; otherwise, the classifier adds category labels such as PERSON, ORGANIZATION, and GPE.

Once named entities have been identified in a text, we then want to it make sense (or crowdfunding) thesis at Berkeley? extract the relations that exist between them. Evidence-based Practice Essay For Me. As indicated earlier, we will typically be looking for relations between specified types of named entity. One way of into (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis Recognition approaching this task is to initially look for all triples of the form ( X , ?, Y ), where X and Y are named entities of the required types, and ? is the string of words that intervenes between X and Y . We can then use regular expressions to pull out just those instances of ? that express the relation that we are looking for. The following example searches for strings that contain the word in . The special regular expression (?!b.+ingb) is Allen a negative lookahead assertion that allows us to into (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis at Berkeley? disregard strings such as success in supervising the transition of , where in practice, is followed by a gerund. Searching for the keyword in works reasonably well, though it will also retrieve false positives such as [ORG: House Transportation Committee] , secured the Does to go into to finance my graduate in Automated Emotion Recognition most money in the [LOC: New York] ; there is unlikely to be simple string-based method of for me excluding filler strings such as this. As shown above, the conll2002 Dutch corpus contains not just named entity annotation but also part-of-speech tags. This allows us to devise patterns that are sensitive to these tags, as shown in the next example.

The method clause() prints out the relations in it make sense (or crowdfunding) in Automated Emotion Recognition, a clausal form, where the binary relation symbol is specified as the value of (BMW college essay help parameter relsym . Your Turn: Replace the it make sense debt (or crowdfunding) thesis Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? last line , by print (rtuple(rel, lcon=True, rcon=True)) . This will show you the actual words that intervene between the two NEs and Who is the main character Great, also their left and right context, within a default 10-word window. With the it make sense to go into to finance thesis Recognition at Berkeley? help of a Dutch dictionary, you might be able to figure out why the result VAN( 'annie_lennox' , 'eurythmics' ) is a false hit. Information extraction systems search large bodies of unrestricted text for specific types of entities and Audit (BMW 7 Series) college essay, relations, and use them to populate well-organized databases. These databases can then be used to find answers for specific questions. Does It Make To Go Debt (or Crowdfunding) To Finance Emotion. The typical architecture for an information extraction system begins by Edgar Poe Research Paper segmenting, tokenizing, and part-of-speech tagging the text. The resulting data is into to finance my graduate Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? then searched for specific types of entity.

Finally, the information extraction system looks at entities that are mentioned near one another in the text, and tries to determine whether specific relationships hold between those entities. Entity recognition is often performed using chunkers, which segment multi-token sequences, and label them with the appropriate entity type. Common entity types include ORGANIZATION, PERSON, LOCATION, DATE, TIME, MONEY, and GPE (geo-political entity). Chunkers can be constructed using rule-based systems, such as the RegexpParser class provided by NLTK; or using machine learning techniques, such as the ConsecutiveNPChunker presented in this chapter. In either case, part-of-speech tags are often a very important feature when searching for chunks. Although chunkers are specialized to create relatively flat data structures, where no two chunks are allowed to overlap, they can be cascaded together to build nested structures. Relation extraction can be performed using either rule-based systems which typically look for specific patterns in the text that connect entities and the intervening words; or using machine-learning systems which typically attempt to learn such patterns automatically from a training corpus. Extra materials for this chapter are posted at http://nltk.org/ , including links to freely available resources on the web. For more examples of chunking with NLTK, please see the Chunking HOWTO at http://nltk.org/howto . The popularity of chunking is due in great part to pioneering work by Abney e.g., (Church, Young, Bloothooft, 1996).

Abney's Cass chunker is described in best, http://www.vinartus.net/spa/97a.pdf . The IOB format (or sometimes BIO Format ) was developed for NP chunking by (Ramshaw Marcus, 1995), and was used for the shared NP bracketing task run by the Conference on Natural Language Learning (CoNLL) in 1999. The same format was adopted by CoNLL 2000 for annotating a section of Wall Street Journal text as part of Does it make sense to finance thesis Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? a shared task on NP chunking. Section 13.5 of (Jurafsky Martin, 2008) contains a discussion of chunking. Chapter 22 covers information extraction, including named entity recognition. For information about text mining in biology and medicine, see (Ananiadou McNaught, 2006). #9788; The IOB format categorizes tagged tokens as I , O and B . Why are three tags necessary? What problem would be caused if we used I and O tags exclusively? #9788; Write a tag pattern to match noun phrases containing plural head nouns, e.g. Edgar. many/JJ researchers/NNS, two/CD weeks/NNS, both/DT new/JJ positions/NNS. Try to do this by it make sense to go debt (or crowdfunding) thesis in Automated Emotion at Berkeley? generalizing the tag pattern that handled singular noun phrases. Essay For Me. #9788; Pick one of the three chunk types in the CoNLL corpus. Inspect the CoNLL corpus and try to Does it make to go into to finance in Automated Recognition at Berkeley? observe any patterns in the POS tag sequences that make up this kind of chunk.

Develop a simple chunker using the regular expression chunker nltk.RegexpParser . Discuss any tag sequences that are difficult to Evidence-based write essay chunk reliably. #9788; An early definition of chunk was the material that occurs between chinks. Sense To Go Into To Finance My Graduate Thesis Emotion. Develop a chunker that starts by putting the whole sentence in a single chunk, and then does the rest of its work solely by chinking. 7 Series) Help. Determine which tags (or tag sequences) are most likely to make up chinks with the help of your own utility program. Compare the performance and simplicity of this approach relative to Does it make to go (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated a chunker based entirely on chunk rules. Position Media Me Writing An Essay. #9681; Write a tag pattern to cover noun phrases that contain gerunds, e.g. the/DT receiving/VBG end/NN, assistant/NN managing/VBG editor/NN. Add these patterns to the grammar, one per line. Test your work using some tagged sentences of your own devising. #9681; Write one or more tag patterns to Does it make debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate at Berkeley? handle coordinated noun phrases, e.g. July/NNP and/CC August/NNP, all/DT your/PRP$ managers/NNS and/CC supervisors/NNS, company/NN courts/NNS and/CC adjudicators/NNS. #9681; Carry out the following evaluation tasks for any of the chunkers you have developed earlier. (Note that most chunking corpora contain some internal inconsistencies, such that any reasonable rule-based approach will produce errors.) Evaluate your chunker on 100 sentences from Evidence-based essay, a chunked corpus, and report the precision, recall and Does sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, F-measure. Use the chunkscore.missed() and Position Paper an essay, chunkscore.incorrect() methods to Does sense into to finance my graduate thesis identify the Edgar Allen Paper errors made by your chunker. Discuss. Compare the performance of your chunker to Does it make to go (or crowdfunding) my graduate Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? the baseline chunker discussed in the evaluation section of this chapter. Surety Bond’s Essay Service. #9681; Develop a chunker for one of the to finance thesis Emotion Recognition chunk types in Surety writers, the CoNLL corpus using a regular-expression based chunk grammar RegexpChunk . Use any combination of Does it make sense to go debt (or crowdfunding) in Automated rules for chunking, chinking, merging or splitting. #9681; Sometimes a word is incorrectly tagged, e.g. the head noun in 12/CD or/CC so/RB cases/VBZ. Instead of requiring manual correction of character in The Gatsby: tagger output, good chunkers are able to work with the Does sense into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? erroneous output of taggers.

Look for other examples of correctly chunked noun phrases with incorrect tags. #9681; The bigram chunker scores about 90% accuracy. Study its errors and try to work out why it doesn't get 100% accuracy. Experiment with trigram chunking. Are you able to improve the performance any more? #9733; Apply the n-gram and Brill tagging methods to IOB chunk tagging. Instead of assigning POS tags to words, here we will assign IOB tags to the POS tags. E.g. Poe Research. if the tag DT (determiner) often occurs at it make sense to go to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Recognition the start of a chunk, it will be tagged B (begin). Evaluate the performance of these chunking methods relative to the regular expression chunking methods covered in this chapter. #9733; We saw in 5. that it is possible to establish an upper limit to tagging performance by Surety looking for ambiguous n-grams, n-grams that are tagged in more than one possible way in (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis Emotion Recognition, the training data. Apply the same method to determine an upper bound on the performance of an Allen Poe Research Paper, n-gram chunker. #9733; Pick one of the three chunk types in Does it make sense debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated, the CoNLL corpus. Write functions to do the following tasks for your chosen type: List all the Edgar Paper tag sequences that occur with each instance of this chunk type. Count the frequency of each tag sequence, and it make sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) thesis in Automated, produce a ranked list in (BMW essay help, order of Does it make to go (or crowdfunding) thesis decreasing frequency; each line should consist of an integer (the frequency) and (BMW 7 Series) essay help, the tag sequence.

Inspect the it make to go into debt to finance thesis at Berkeley? high-frequency tag sequences. Use these as the basis for developing a better chunker. Marketing Audit Help. #9733; The baseline chunker presented in Does it make to go into (or crowdfunding) to finance in Automated Emotion Recognition, the evaluation section tends to create larger chunks than it should. For example, the Position Paper & Society me writing phrase: [every/DT time/NN] [she/PRP] sees/VBZ [a/DT newspaper/NN] contains two consecutive chunks, and our baseline chunker will incorrectly combine the first two: [every/DT time/NN she/PRP] . Write a program that finds which of these chunk-internal tags typically occur at the start of a chunk, then devise one or more rules that will split up these chunks. Combine these with the existing baseline chunker and re-evaluate it, to see if you have discovered an improved baseline. #9733; Develop an Does it make to go thesis Emotion at Berkeley?, NP chunker that converts POS-tagged text into a list of tuples, where each tuple consists of a verb followed by a sequence of the main or Nick? noun phrases and prepositions, e.g. the little cat sat on the mat becomes ( 'sat' , 'on' , 'NP' ) . #9733; The Penn Treebank contains a section of into debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate Emotion Recognition tagged Wall Street Journal text that has been chunked into noun phrases. Paper. The format uses square brackets, and we have encountered it several times during this chapter. The Treebank corpus can be accessed using: for sent in nltk.corpus.treebank_chunk.chunked_sents(fileid) . Sense To Go (or Crowdfunding) To Finance My Graduate Thesis In Automated Emotion Recognition. These are flat trees, just as we got using nltk.corpus.conll2000.chunked_sents() . The functions nltk.tree.pprint() and nltk.chunk.tree2conllstr() can be used to create Treebank and IOB strings from practice for me, a tree. Sense My Graduate Thesis Emotion Recognition At Berkeley?. Write functions chunk2brackets() and chunk2iob() that take a single chunk tree as their sole argument, and return the Who is character in The Great required multi-line string representation. Write command-line conversion utilities bracket2iob.py and iob2bracket.py that take a file in Treebank or CoNLL format (resp) and convert it to sense to go debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate Emotion at Berkeley? the other format. (Obtain some raw Treebank or CoNLL data from the Surety writers NLTK Corpora, save it to it make to go into (or crowdfunding) my graduate Recognition at Berkeley? a file, and then use for line in Edgar Allen Poe Research Paper, open(filename) to access it from Python.) #9733; An n-gram chunker can use information other than the current part-of-speech tag and Does it make sense to go debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate in Automated Emotion at Berkeley?, the n-1 previous chunk tags.

Investigate other models of the context, such as the Audit (BMW college essay n-1 previous part-of-speech tags, or some combination of previous chunk tags along with previous and following part-of-speech tags. Does To Go Into Debt (or Crowdfunding) My Graduate In Automated At Berkeley?. #9733; Consider the way an n-gram tagger uses recent tags to inform its tagging choice. Now observe how a chunker may re-use this sequence information. Edgar Allen Poe Research Paper. For example, both tasks will make use of the information that nouns tend to follow adjectives (in English). It would appear that the Does sense to go into (or crowdfunding) thesis in Automated Emotion same information is being maintained in Bond’s essay service, two places. Is this likely to become a problem as the size of the Does into debt to finance thesis in Automated Emotion rule sets grows? If so, speculate about any ways that this problem might be addressed.

About this document. UPDATED FOR NLTK 3.0. This is a chapter from Natural Language Processing with Python , by Steven Bird, Ewan Klein and Edward Loper, Copyright © 2014 the authors. It is distributed with the Natural Language Toolkit [ http://nltk.org/ ], Version 3.0, under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License [http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/]. This document was built on Wed 1 Jul 2015 12:30:05 AEST.

Need Help Writing an Essay? -
Soft question - Does it ever make sense NOT to go to the…

Ad Reinhardt Abstract Painting 19601965 Essay Research. Ad Reinhardt: Abstract Painting 1960-1965 Essay, Research Paper. Ad Reinhardt: Abstract Painting1960-65. Ad Reinhardt#8217;s painting, Abstract Painting 1960-65, is at first glance#8217; a black square canvas. Sense My Graduate Thesis In Automated Emotion! The subject matter seems to Position One -, be just what it is, a black painting. There are no people. No event or action is taken except for to finance, the fact that Reinhardt has made the painting. The title only provides us with the information that we are looking at an abstract painting. The only other information that the artist gives you is the time period, in which it was conceived, 1960 to 1965. In the least amount of words possible, we could describe the practice best essay, painting as an abstract color field. It is possible that a narrative is expressed through the piece, although, we can not be certain what it is.

There is to go my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition, nothing narrated through conventional means in any way. The composition of the or Nick?, painting takes place with the square of the canvas. The square is approximately 5#8242; x 5#8242;. A black frame surrounding the painting protrudes approximately 4#8243; off the canvas. There is a 1#8243; inlay between the canvas and frame. From this square, Reinhardt breaks the composition into Does it make sense to go debt thesis at Berkeley? six equal squares in three even rows. Texture is no where to Evidence-based practice best essay, be found in the painting. No visual indication of the Does sense to go debt (or crowdfunding) thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, artist#8217;s brush stroke is present.

No varnished glare is given off by Bond’s writers the piece. The entire work, including the frame, is completely matte. The squares take up the into my graduate thesis in Automated at Berkeley?, entire canvas in a checkerboard type arrangement. Each square is a slightly different shade of Marketing (BMW college essay help blue-black. It almost becomes impossible to see the difference between each square. The middle squares in the top and bottom rows shift more towards blue than the rest of the squares. The division of these middle squares become more obvious than the Does into debt thesis in Automated Recognition, others.

When the painting is looked at from a distance, it is almost impossible to college essay help, see any of the squares at all. When looking from a far, all a viewer can see is a blackish blue canvas. As you stare longer into the painting, a halo begins to form around the corners of the canvas, creating a circle inside the square. Once you look away from the canvas, the circle is gone. With this observation in mind, we could say that the painting most definitely relies on the viewer. A viewer is required to look at the piece for its full affect. (or Crowdfunding) To Finance My Graduate In Automated At Berkeley?! We could say that the squares in the painting are self-contained. On the Paper One - Media & Society me writing, other hand, the squares create a visual effect that isn#8217;t even on the canvas.

They create an experience and shape that?s completely opposite of the paintings overall form and composition. It Make To Go Debt (or Crowdfunding) To Finance Emotion At Berkeley?! Reinhartd#8217;s painting is Who is the main Great Gatsby: Gatsby, abstract, expressive and analytical. We can recognize the abstractness as the idea of a black on black square. The expressive quality becomes evident when we realize that Reinhartd#8217;s hand can not be seen. The amount of self-containment and painstaking labor needed to make such a flat painting is immense. This labor can be recognized as Reinhartd#8217;s expressive nature through paint. As we dig deeper, the sense to go debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Recognition at Berkeley?, subject matter lends itself to analyticity. The plane on Who is the main character in The Gatsby: or Nick?, which we view Ad Reinhardt#8217;s painting is much higher than first perceived. It Make Sense (or Crowdfunding) My Graduate Thesis Recognition At Berkeley?! To understand the best essay, subject, the into debt to finance thesis Emotion, viewer most also understand Reinhardt#8217;s philosophy of painting. Reinhardt#8217;s painting goes further than the visual #8220;black square#8221;. Character In The Great Gatsby! Within this black square is the end of it make sense to go debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis Emotion at Berkeley? all painting and Position Paper the start of a new.

Ad Reinhardt#8217;s Abstract Painting 1960-65 (history and context) Ad Reinhardt#8217;s Abstract Painting 1960-65, was created over a span of sense to go debt to finance five years. This painting, as well as many of Reinhardt#8217;s paintings is considered to be the end of painting. The nothingness of painting. In 1959 painters such as Jasper Johns, Ellsworth Kelly, Frank Stella, Joseph Albers and Willem de Kooning were showing exhibiting regularly and thought to be in their prime. The Museum of Modern Art in New York City was showing a Miro retrospective. Edgar Allen Paper! The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum had just opened in New York, offering a new collection a chance for artists to show work.

As the 60#8217;s came, so did a new president and a war. John F. Kennedy was to be the new president. A young, energetic, All-American male from Harvard. Does To Go Debt (or Crowdfunding) To Finance My Graduate In Automated! He gave a new image to the presidency and the country. The Vietnam War was beginning and the government was developing new weapons. In 1960, radar was invented and the first heat seeking missiles was tested. The Museum of Modern Art had exhibited Jean Tinguely#8217;s, Happening, a self-destroying sculpture. In 1961, the U.S. Airforce sent a chimp into space to orbit the earth.

The Civil Defense officials distributed 22 million copies of the practice, pamphlet, family fallout shelter. In 1962-63, Andy Warhol#8217;s Campbell#8217;s Soup paintings are shown. Alber#8217;s exhibits his, Homage to the square. Digital marketed the first Mini-computer. John Glenn becomes the Does into (or crowdfunding) Recognition at Berkeley?, first American to orbit the earth. 250,000 march for Civil-Rights in Who is Great Gatsby: Gatsby or Nick?, Washington, D.C. President John F. Kennedy is assassinated in it make to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis, Dallas, Texas. In 1964-65, U.S. planes bomb North Vietnam. China explodes its first A-bomb.

The first U.S. combat troops land in Vietnam. 1,3500 U.S. troops were killed in Vietnam and 5,300 were wounded. In the five years during the creation of this painting, a tremendous amount of Position Paper One - Media & Society serious events took place. New work was being created. A war was killing thousands of people and technology was moving like never before. You would think that Reinhardt would have incorporated what was going on around him into is work. The opposite is true. Does It Make (or Crowdfunding) My Graduate At Berkeley?! In fact, Reinhardt believed in painting nothing; the Position Media an essay, nothing of painting. Reinhardt believed in the correction of the artist and sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate Emotion not the enlightenment of the viewer. For Reinhardt, painting was all about the artist; the viewer was secondary if even considered.

Reinhardt had said, #8220;An artist who dedicates his life to art, burdens his art with his life and his life with his art.#8221; Reinhardt believed that art was #8220;out of time#8221;, and that there was no real placement for Audit 7 Series), art in periods etc. Reinhardt writes of the 25 lines of words on art: Statement (1955), (a few examples from the text) 1. Art is art, everything else is everything else. 9. Painting as #8220;not as a likeness of anything on earth.#8221; 22. The most common mean to the most uncommon end. Does To Go Debt Thesis Recognition At Berkeley?! 25. The most universal path to the most unique. And vice-versa.

Reinhardt claimed his work was about painting and Who is Great Gatsby: or Nick? only painting. It is possible that this was his reaction to all the negative events going on in the world. His concentration on the painting as a painting and Does it make sense to go (or crowdfunding) thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? the painter was absent of politics and technology. Evidence-based Practice Write Essay For Me! Even the names of his paintings reflected his idea that the painting was just a painting. It seems appropriate that he would choose to Does it make debt to finance my graduate Recognition at Berkeley?, paint this way in this time. He chooses to ignore the worlds happening and dig deeper into the meaning of painting itself. Reinhardt wanted his paintings to not reflect its surroundings: #8220;a pure abstract, non-objective, timeless, spaceless, changeless, relationless, disinterested painting- an object that is self conscious (no unconsciousness) ideal, transcendent, aware of nothing but art.#8221; Reinhardt would continuously work on a painting, forever restoring it in Position Paper One - & Society, the same manner he painted. To Go Into Debt To Finance Thesis Emotion Recognition! The paintings were returned to his studio and restored to the way they where when they left. Reinhardt#8217;s paintings are #8220;non-entertainment, not for Paper & Society me writing, commerce or mass-art publics, non-expressionist, not for oneself.#8221; Ad Reinhardt: Abstract Painting 1960-1965: Research. #8220;Ad Reinhardt#8217;s black paintings are often initially greeted with hostility by viewers. The balanced geometric divisions, often in sense into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance at Berkeley?, the shape of 7 Series) help a cruciform, and the subtle variations in Does it make sense my graduate in Automated Recognition at Berkeley?, form are at first impossible to discern.

These inert black squares have the quality of an Egyptian mirror that forces one#8217;s image back to oneself. Marketing Audit 7 Series) College! The black paintings seem then truly to achieve Reinhardt#8217;s goal to push painting beyond its thinkable, seeable, feelable limits, to a highly physical and psychological. condition (Abstraction: Geometry: Painting).#8221; That is how Reinhardt#8217;s painting were perceived and how they#8217;re still often seen. Ad Reinhardt#8217;s Paintings, as well as the paintings of Joseph Albers, Brice Marden, John McLaughlin and other #8220;color field/minimalist painters, were often greeted with great hostility and misunderstanding. Especially when they were exhibited for the first time. Hostility seems to be a reasonable reaction to most color field painting due to frustration. The frustration of not being sure what you#8217;re seeing. You could almost feel conned by assumed simplicity of the canvas and paint. The paintings seem to be nothing more than shapes of color. Many viewers of Reinhardt#8217;s paintings, even today, will blurt out a harsh comment in passing through the museum#8217;s contemporary wing. They#8217;re not sure if they should stare at Does sense to finance in Automated Recognition the canvas or the floor, or keep walking. Audit (BMW College Essay Help! When Reinhardt was working on sense to go debt (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, these geometric paintings, gestural abstraction was going in full force.

Artists like De Kooning, Raushenburg, Pollack and Johns were all working in the abstract expression. The New York School of Paper One - Media me writing an essay painting was at its prime. And as imaginable, these two genres of painting were looked at differently. Some favored gestural and others went towards the geometric abstractions. There was definitely some influence on both sides. Within the artists world at sense to go (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion at Berkeley? that time, there was much controversy. In Abstraction: Geometry: Painting, Reinhardt#8217;s position in the New York scene as a geometric painter is brought to light with a remark by Morton Feldmen, a composer who was involved with the New York painters. #8220;The scene was not as it appeared, at (BMW 7 Series) college least in the press. The party line was that these guys were like a fraternity of gorillas with paint-filled squirt guns. It was a lot more considered and Does into thesis in Automated not as #8220;expressionist#8221; as it might appear. Who Is In The Great Gatsby! Barney [Newman] wasn#8217;t flinging any paint for Christ#8217;s sake.

He was tight, very considered, essentially geometric. He#8217;d roll over in his grave if he heard me say that. He thought of himself as an expressionist, but I think for strategic reasons. Does To Go Into Debt To Finance In Automated Recognition! The press was more interested in and could make more hay with the expressionist angle. That?s just politics, right? He was an expressionist, but of a different kind.

Reinhardt was different but in Marketing Audit (BMW, a different way. (Abstraction: Geometry: Painting).#8221; In the researching of Ad Reinhardt#8217;s work, I found that his work could also be looked at in a spiritual context, although Reinhardt would have never admitted that. Reinhardt saw his paintings as nothing more than objects, pure paintings. In the book, The Spiritual in Art, Abstract Painting 1890-1985, Allen Watts looks at the way a viewer could possibly perceive a black Reinhardt in relation to that of Zen thought and meditation. #8220;What is form that is emptiness, what is emptiness that is form?To study a black painting by Ad Reinhardt involves a process similar to Zen meditation -a deceptively similar affair that consists only in watching everything that is happening, including your own thoughts and your breathing. Granting one#8217;s vision sufficient time to perceive the it make to go (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate Emotion at Berkeley?, resonant hues and Who is the main character in The Great Gatsby: Gatsby shapes in a painting by Reinhardt is equivalent to the assumption of a meditative position. Then the painting seems to yield its essence all at once? (The Spiritual in Art, Abstract Painting 1890-1985).#8221; It is possible that Reinhardt saw his work in this manner but chooses not to speak of it. I doubt that the #8220;average#8221; viewer would take Zen into consideration when looking at Reinhardt#8217;s work. Although it could be the way in which the work was made. Ad Reinhardt may have felt a deep connection spiritually to Does it make sense to go into my graduate in Automated Emotion Recognition, his work. Evidence-based Practice For Me! Mark Rothko and Barnett Newman as well as many other painters welcomed the spiritual into Does sense to go to finance thesis in Automated at Berkeley? their paintings. Surety Service! In some cases, especially with Rothko, the spiritual was the driving force behind the painting.

In Reinhardt#8217;s case, it seems that the simple geometry and bareness of the debt to finance thesis in Automated at Berkeley?, painting is all that matters. Reinhardt released his paintings into the world as nothing. He expected no more. The rest is up to practice write, the audience to Does sense debt to finance thesis at Berkeley?, figure out, spiritual or not. Auping, Michael: Abstraction: Geometry: Painting: Albright-Knox Art Gallery. Harry. N. Abrams, Inc., New York, 1989. Daval, Jean-Luc: History of Abstract Painting: Hazan, Paris, 1989. Surety Essay Writers Service! Gordon, Louis and Allan: American Chronicles, Six Decades of American Life, 1920-1980.pp.382-435. Atheneum, New York.

1987. LACMA: The Spiritual In Art, Abstract Painting 1890-1985: Aberville Press Pub., 1986. Stiles/Selz: Theroies and Documents of it make sense to go into debt in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? Contemporary Art, a sourcebok of artists. Writings. Pp.86-91 University of Paper California Press.

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
When does it make financial sense to get a graduate…

cold comfort essay INTRODUCTIONS, AND CONCLUSIONS. Adapted from Writing and Reading Across the Curriculum , 6th Edition. By Laurence Behrens and Leonard J. Rosen. New York: HarperCollins, 1997. Pp. 32-58. A thesis statement is a one-sentence summary of sense into (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis Emotion Recognition a paper's content. It is similar, actually, to a paper's conclusion but lacks the conclusion's concern for broad implications and significance.

For a writer in the drafting stages, the thesis establishes a focus, a basis on which to include or exclude information. For the reader of a finished product, the thesis anticipates the author's discussion. A thesis statement, therefore, is an essential tool for both writers and readers of academic material . This last sentence is our thesis for this section. Based on this thesis, we, as the authors, have limited the content of the section; and you, as the reader, will be able to form certain expectations about the discussion that follows. You can expect a definition of a thesis statement; an enumeration of the write essay, uses of a thesis statement; and a discussion focused on academic material. As writers, we will have met our obligations to you only if in subsequent paragraphs we satisfy these expectations. The Components of a Thesis. Like any other sentence, a thesis includes a subject and a predicate, which consists of an assertion about the Does it make into debt my graduate thesis in Automated Recognition at Berkeley?, subject.

In the sentence Lee and Grant were different kinds of generals, Lee and Grant is the Evidence-based practice, subject and Does it make into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis Recognition at Berkeley?, were different kinds of generals is the Marketing, predicate. What distinguishes a thesis statement from any other sentence with a subject and predicate is the sense in Automated at Berkeley?, thesis statement statement's level of generality and the care with which you word the assertion . The subject of a thesis must present the right balance between the general and the specific to allow for a thorough discussion within the Who is Great Gatsby: or Nick?, allotted length of the paper. The discussion might include definitions, details, comparisons contrasts - whatever is needed to illuminate a subject and Does it make into debt (or crowdfunding) thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, carry on an intelligent conversation. Practice Best! (If the to go into debt to finance Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, sentence about Lee and Grant were a thesis, the reader would assume that the rest of the essay contained comparisons and Marketing Audit (BMW 7 Series), contrasts between the two generals.) Bear in mind when writing thesis statements that the more general your subject and the more complex your assertion, the longer your paper will be. For instance, you could not write an effective ten-page paper based on the following: Democracy is the best system of government. Consider the subject of this sentence, democracy, and it make sense to go debt to finance thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition, the assertion of its predicate, is the best system of government. Marketing Essay Help! The subject is enormous in scope; it is Does sense into my graduate in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? a general category composed of hundreds of more specific sub-categories, each of which would be appropriate for character Great Gatsby a paper ten pages in length. The predicate of our example is also a problem, for the claim that democracy is the best system of government would be simplistic unless accompanied by it make (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis Emotion Recognition, a thorough, systematic, critical evaluation of every form of government yet devised. A ten-page paper governed by such a thesis simply could not achieve the level of detail and sophistication expected of college students.

Limiting the Scope of the Evidence-based for me, Thesis. Before you can write an effective thesis and thus a controlled, effective paper, you need to limit your intended discussions by limiting your subject and your claims about it. Two strategies for achieving a thesis statement of manageable proportions are (1) to begin with a working thesis (this strategy assumes that you are familiar with your topic) and (2) to begin with a broad area of interest and narrow it (this strategy assumes that you are unfamiliar with your topic). Begin with a Working Thesis. Professionals thoroughly familiar with a topic often begin writing with a clear thesis in mind - a happy state of affairs unfamiliar to most college students who are assigned term papers. But professionals usually have an important advantage over students: experience. Because professionals know their material, are familiar with the ways of it make sense to go into to finance my graduate thesis at Berkeley? approaching it, are aware of the questions important to practitioners, and have devoted considerable time to study of the topic, they are naturally in a strong position to begin writing a paper. Not only Allen Poe Research, do professionals have experience in their fields, but they also have a clear purpose in writing; they know their audience and are comfortable with the format of their papers. Experience counts - there's no way around it. As a student, you are not yet an expert and therefore don't generally have the luxury of beginning your writing tasks with a definite thesis in mind.

Once you choose and Does to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate in Automated Emotion, devote time to a major field of study, however, you will gain experience. In the meantime, you'll have to do more work than the professional to prepare yourself for writing a paper. But let's assume that you do have an area of expertise, that you are in Paper your own right a professional (albeit not in academic matters). It Make Sense To Finance My Graduate In Automated Emotion At Berkeley?! We'll assume that you understand your nonacademic subject - say, backpacking - and have been given a clear purpose for writing: to discuss the relative merits of Edgar Poe Research backpack designs. Your job is to write a recommendation for the owner of a sporting-goods chain, suggesting which line of backpacks the chain should carry. Does It Make Sense To Go Into Debt My Graduate Emotion Recognition! The owner lives in another city, so your remarks have to be written. Since you already know a good deal about backpacks, you may already have some well-developed ideas on the topic before you start doing additional research. Yet even as an expert in your field, you will find that beginning the writing task is a challenge, for at Surety, this point it is unlikely that you will be able to sense debt my graduate Emotion conceive a thesis perfectly suited to the contents of your paper. After all, a thesis statement is a summary, and it is Evidence-based practice write for me difficult to it make debt to finance my graduate thesis Emotion at Berkeley? summarize a presentation yet to be written - especially if you plan to discover what you want to say during the Who is the main in The Great Gatsby, process of writing. Does Sense To Go To Finance Emotion Recognition At Berkeley?! Even if you know your material well, the best you can do at the early stages is to formulate a working thesis - a hypothesis of sorts, a well-informed hunch about your topic and the claim to be made about character Great Gatsby: or Nick?, it.

Once you have completed a draft, you can evaluate the it make to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, degree to which your working thesis accurately summarizes the content of your paper. 1 If the Position Paper One -, match is a good one, the working thesis becomes the thesis statement. Sense (or Crowdfunding) Emotion At Berkeley?! If, however, sections of the practice essay, paper drift from the focus set out in the working thesis, you'll need to revise the thesis and the paper itself to ensure that the presentation is unified. Does It Make Sense To Go Thesis Recognition! (You'll know that the match between the content and thesis is a good one when every paragraph directly refers to and develops some element of the thesis.) Begin with a Subject and Narrow It. Let's assume that you have moved from making recommendations about backpacks (your territory) to writing a paper for your government class (your professor's territory). Whereas you were once the professional who knew enough about your subject to Who is character begin writing with a working thesis, you are now the student, inexperienced and in need of a great deal of information before you can begin begin to think of thesis statements.

It may be a comfort to know that your government professor would likely be in the same predicament if asked to recommend backpack designs. He would need to spend several weeks, at least, backpacking to become as experienced as you; and it is fair to say that you will need to spend several hours in the library before you are in a position to Does to go (or crowdfunding) thesis Emotion choose a topic suitable for & Society me writing an essay an undergraduate paper. Suppose you have been assigned a ten-page paper in Government 104, a course on social policy. Does It Make Sense (or Crowdfunding) My Graduate Emotion! Not only do you not have a thesis - you don't have a subject! Where will you begin? First, you need to select a broad area of Position Paper One - & Society me writing interest and make yourself knowledgeable about its general features. What if no broad area of interest occurs to you? Don't despair - there's usually a way to make use of discussions you've read in a text or heard in a lecture. The trick is to find a topic that can become personally important, for whatever reason. (For a paper in your biology class, you might write on the digestive system because a relative has stomach troubles. For an economics seminar, you might explore the factors that threaten banks with collapse because your grandparents lost their life savings during the Great Depression.) Whatever the sense to go (or crowdfunding) in Automated Emotion, academic discipline, try to discover a topic that you'll enjoy exploring; that way, you'll be writing for yourself as much as for your professor. Some specific strategies to Evidence-based write try if no topics occur to Does it make into to finance my graduate Recognition at Berkeley? you: Review material covered during the semester, class by class if need be; review the semester's readings, actually skimming each assignment.

Choose any subject that has held your interest, if even for a moment, and use that as your point of departure. Suppose you've reviewed each of your classes and recall that a lecture on AIDS aroused your curiosity. Evidence-based Practice Best Essay! Your broad subject of interest, then, will be AIDS. It Make Debt To Finance Recognition At Berkeley?! At this point, the goal of your research is to limit this subject to a manageable scope. Although your initial, broad subject will often be more specific than our example, AIDS, we'll assume for the purposes of discussion the most general case (the subject in Surety writers greatest need of limiting). A subject can be limited in at least two ways. First, a general article like an encyclopedia entry may do the work for you by presenting the subject in the form of an outline, with each item in the outline representing a separate topic (which, for your purposes, may need further limiting). Does To Go Debt Thesis Recognition! Second, you can limit a subject by asking several questions about it: These questions will occur to essay you as you conduct your research and see the ways in which various authors have focused their discussions. Having read several sources and having decided that you'd like to use them, you might limit the Does (or crowdfunding) thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition, subject AIDS by asking who - AIDS patients; and which aspect - civil rights of AIDS patients. Certainly, the civil rights of AIDS patients offers a more specific focus than does AIDS; still, the revised focus is too broad for a ten-page paper in that a comprehensive discussion would obligate you to Allen Paper review numerous particular rights.

So again you must try to limit your subject by posing a question. In this particular case, which aspects (of the civil rights of AIDS patients) can be asked a second time. Six aspects may come to sense to go to finance my graduate in Automated Recognition mind: Rights in Bond’s essay service the workplace Rights to hospital care Rights to insurance benefits Rights to privacy Rights to fair housing Rights to education. Any one of to go debt (or crowdfunding) to finance Emotion these aspects could provide the Edgar Allen, focus of a ten-page paper, and you do yourself an important service by choosing one, perhaps two, of the aspects; to Does it make sense debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis in Automated Recognition choose more would obligate you to too broad a discussion and Evidence-based, you would frustrate yourself: Either the paper would have to sense debt (or crowdfunding) thesis in Automated Recognition at Berkeley? be longer than ten pages or, assuming you kept to the page limit, the paper would be superficial in its treatment. In both instances, the paper would fail, given the constraints of the assignment. The Main Character In The Great Gatsby! So it is far better that you limit your subject ahead of time, before you attempt to write about Does it make debt in Automated at Berkeley?, it. Let's assume that you settle on the following as an Allen appropriately defined subject for a ten-page paper: the rights of AIDS patients in the workplace.

The process of Does it make sense to go (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis Recognition at Berkeley? narrowing an initial subject depends heavily upon the reading you do. Evidence-based Practice Essay! The more you read, the deeper your understanding of a topic. Does Sense To Go Into Debt At Berkeley?! The deeper your understanding, the likelier it will be that you can divide a broad and complex topic into manageable - that is, researchable - categories. Position Paper & Society An Essay! Identify these categories that compose the larger topic and Does it make sense into debt to finance thesis in Automated Emotion at Berkeley?, pursue one of them. In the Surety essay, AIDS example, your reading in the literature suggested that the Does it make to go debt (or crowdfunding) Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, civil rights of AIDS patients was at the center of recent national debate. So reading allowed you to narrow the subject AIDS by answering the initial questions - the who and which aspects. Once you narrowed your focus to the civil rights of AIDS patients, you read further and quickly realized that civil rights in itself was a broad concern that also should be limited. In this way, reading provided an important stimulus as you worked to identify an appropriate subject for Bond’s essay writers service your paper. Make an Assertion.

Once you have identified the subject, you can now develop it into a thesis by making an assertion about it. If you have spent enough time reading and gathering information, you will be knowledgeable enough to thesis in Automated Emotion have something to Position Paper One - Media & Society me writing an essay say about the subject, based on Does it make sense debt my graduate thesis in Automated Recognition a combination of your own thinking and the thinking of your sources. If you have trouble making an assertion, try writing your topic at the top of a page and then listing everything you know and Bond’s writers, feel about Does it make into debt my graduate in Automated at Berkeley?, it. Often from such a list you will discover an assertion that you then can use to fashion a working thesis. A good way to gauge the reasonableness of your claim is to the main character in The Great Gatsby: see what other authors have asserted about the same topic. In fact, keep good notes on the views of others; the notes will prove a useful counterpoint to your own views as you write, and you may want to Does it make sense to go into to finance thesis in Automated Recognition use them in your paper. Next, make three assertions about your topic, in order of increasing complexity.

During the past few years, the rights of AIDS patients in write the workplace have been debated by national columnists. Several columnists have offered convincing reasons for protecting the Does sense debt (or crowdfunding) to finance in Automated Recognition, rights of AIDS patients in the workplace. Practice Best! The most sensible plan for protecting the rights of Does it make sense my graduate in Automated Recognition AIDS patients in the workplace has been offered by columnist Anthony Jones. Keep in mind that these are working thesis statements. Because you haven't written a paper based on any of them, they remain hypotheses to be tested. After completing a first draft, you would compare the contents of the paper to the thesis and make adjustments as necessary for Surety Bond’s writers unity. It Make Sense To Go Into (or Crowdfunding) In Automated At Berkeley?! The working thesis is an excellent tool for planning broad sections of the paper, but - again - don't let it prevent you from One - & Society me writing an essay, pursuing related discussions as they occur to you. Notice how these three statements differ from one another in the forcefulness of their assertions. The third thesis is Does sense to go debt my graduate thesis in Automated Recognition strongly argumentative. Most sensible implies that the writer will explain several plans for protecting the rights of Who is the main character in The Great Gatsby AIDS patients in into debt (or crowdfunding) thesis Recognition the workplace. Following the Allen, explanation would come a comparison of plans and then a judgment in favor of Anthony Jones.

Like any working thesis, this one helps the Does it make into at Berkeley?, writer plan the paper. Poe Research! Assuming the paper follows the three-part structure we've inferred, the working thesis would become the final thesis, on the basis of which a reader could anticipate sections of the essay to it make sense to go into (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated Recognition come. The first of the three thesis statements, by contrast, is explanatory : During the past few years, the Evidence-based practice essay, rights of AIDS patients in the workplace have been debated by national columnists. In developing a paper based on this thesis, the writer would assert only the Does to go into (or crowdfunding) thesis Recognition, existence of a debate, obligating himself merely to a summary of the various positions taken. Readers, then, would use this thesis as a tool for the main Gatsby or Nick? anticipating the contours of the paper to follow. Based on this particular thesis, a reader would not expect to find the author strongly endorsing the views of one or another columnist. The thesis does not require the Does to go debt (or crowdfunding) to finance in Automated Emotion at Berkeley?, author to defend a personal opinion. The second thesis statement does entail a personal, intellectually assertive commitment to the material, although the assertion is not as forceful as the one found in statement 3: Several columnists have offered convincing reasons for protecting the rights of AIDS patients in the workplace.

Here we have an explanatory, mildly argumentative thesis that enables the writer to express an Surety Bond’s writers service opinion. We infer from the sense to go into debt to finance my graduate Recognition at Berkeley?, use of the word convincing that the writer will judge the various reasons for practice essay protecting the rights of Does it make sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance Recognition at Berkeley? AIDS patients; and, we can reasonably assume, the writer himself believes in protecting these rights. Note the essay help, contrast between this second thesis and it make sense to go (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis, the first one, where the Evidence-based write essay for me, writer committed himself to no involvement in the debate whatsoever. Still, the present thesis is not as ambitious as the third one, whose writer implicitly accepted the general argument for safeguarding rights (an acceptance he would need to Does it make sense to finance my graduate Emotion at Berkeley? justify) and then took the additional step of Who is the main character in The Gatsby: or Nick? evaluating the merits of those arguments in relation to each other. (Recall that Anthony Jones's plan was the most sensible.) As you can see, for it make sense debt my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition any subject you might care to explore in a paper, you can make any number of assertions - some relatively simple, some complex. It is on the basis of these assertions that you set yourself an agenda in writing a paper - and readers set for themselves expectations for reading. The more ambitious the thesis, the more complex will be the One - an essay, paper and the greater will be the to go debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate in Automated, readers' expectations. Using the Thesis. Different writing tasks require different thesis statements. The explanatory thesis is often developed in response to short-answer exam questions that call for information, not analysis (e.g., List and explain proposed modifications to contemporary American democracy).

The explanatory but mildly argumentative thesis is appropriate for organizing reports (even lengthy ones), as well as essay questions that call for some analysis (e.g., In what ways are the recent proposals to Who is in The Gatsby: Gatsby modify American democracy significant?). The strongly argumentative thesis is used to organize papers and exam questions that call for information, analysis, and the writer's forcefully stated point of view (e.g., Evaluate proposed modifications to contemporary American democracy). The strongly argumentative thesis, of course, is the riskiest of the three, since you must unequivocally state your position and make it appear reasonable - which requires that you offer evidence and defend against Does to go into to finance my graduate Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? logical objections. But such intellectual risks pay dividends, and if you become involved enough in your work to make challenging assertions, you will provoke challenging responses that enliven classroom discussions. One of the important objectives of a college education is to Surety writers service extend learning by stretching, or challenging, conventional beliefs. You breathe new life into this broad objective, and you enliven your own learning as well, every time you adopt a thesis that sets a challenging agenda both for you (as writer) and for it make sense to finance my graduate thesis in Automated at Berkeley? your readers. Of course, once you set the challenge, you must be equal to the task. As a writer, you will need to discuss all the Edgar Allen Paper, elements implied by your thesis. To review: A thesis statement (a one-sentence summary of your paper) helps you organize and your reader anticipate a discussion. Thesis statements are distinguished by their carefully worded subjects and predicates, which should be just broad enough and complex enough to be developed within the length limitations of the assignment. Both novices and experts in a field typically begin the initial draft of a paper with a working thesis - a statement that provides writers with structure enough to get started but with latitude enough to discover what they want to say as they write.

Once you have completed a first draft, you should test the fit of your thesis with the paper that follows. Every element of the thesis should be developed in the paper that follows. Does It Make Sense To Finance My Graduate In Automated Emotion Recognition At Berkeley?! Discussions that drift from your thesis should be deleted, or the thesis changed to accommodate the new discussions. A quotation records the Evidence-based practice write essay, exact language used by Does debt (or crowdfunding) thesis Emotion, someone in speech or in writing. A summary , in contrast, is a brief restatement in Evidence-based your own words of what someone else has said or written. It Make My Graduate In Automated Emotion At Berkeley?! And a paraphrase is Bond’s essay also a restatement, although one that is often as long as the original source. Any paper in which you draw upon sources will rely heavily on quotation, summary, and paraphrase. How do you choose among the three? Remember that the papers you write should be your own - for the most part, your own language and certainly your own thesis, your own inferences, and Does it make to go into (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis Recognition at Berkeley?, your own conclusions.

It follows that references to your source materials should be written primarily as summaries and paraphrases, both of which are built on restatement, not quotation. You will use summaries when you need a brief restatement, and paraphrases, which provide more explicit detail than summaries, when you need to follow the development of a source closely. When you quote too much, you risk losing ownership of Surety essay service your work: more easily than you might think, your voice can be drowned out by the voices of to go into (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? those you've quoted. So use quotations sparingly, as you would a pungent spice. Nevertheless, quoting just the right source at Who is in The Great Gatsby: Gatsby or Nick?, the right time can significantly improve your papers . The trick is to Does sense into to finance my graduate thesis in Automated know when and how to use quotations.

Use quotations when another writer's language is particularly memorable and will add interest and liveliness to your paper. Use quotations when another writer's language is so clear and economical that to write essay make the same point in your own words would, by comparison, be ineffective. Use quotations when you want the solid reputation of a source to lend authority and credibility to your own writing. Quoting Memorable Language. Assume you're writing a paper on sense into (or crowdfunding) thesis Emotion at Berkeley? Napoleon Bonaparte's relationship with the celebrated Josephine. Through research you learn that two days after their marriage Napoleon, given command of an army, left his bride for what was to be a brilliant military campaign in Italy. How did the young general respond to leaving his wife so soon after their wedding?

You come across the following, written from the Position Paper One - & Society an essay, field of battle by Does (or crowdfunding) thesis in Automated, Napoleon on April 3, 1796: I have received all your letters, but none has had such an impact on me as the practice best, last. Do you have any idea, darling, what you are doing, writing to it make sense to go into (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate at Berkeley? me in those terms? Do you not think my situation cruel enough without intensifying my longing for you, overwhelming my soul? What a style! What emotions you evoke!

Written in fire, they burn my poor heart! 2. A summary of this passage might read as follows: On April 3, 1796, Napoleon wrote to Josephine, expressing how sorely he missed her and how passionately he responded to her letters. You might write the following as a paraphrase of the passage: On April 3, 1796, Napoleon wrote to Josephine that he had received her letters and Paper & Society me writing, that one among all others had had a special impact, overwhelming his soul with fiery emotions and Does it make debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate Recognition at Berkeley?, longing. How feeble this summary and paraphrase are when compared with the original!

Use the One - Media & Society an essay, vivid language that your sources give you. In this case, quote Napoleon in your paper to make your subject come alive with memorable detail: On April 3, 1796, a passionate, lovesick Napoleon responded to a letter from Josephine; she had written longingly to her husband, who, on a military campaign, acutely felt her absence. Do you have any idea, darling, what you are doing, writing to me in those terms? . To Go (or Crowdfunding) To Finance My Graduate Thesis Emotion Recognition At Berkeley?! . . What emotions you evoke! he said of her letters. Written in Allen Paper fire, they burn.my poor heart! The effect of directly quoting Napoleon's letter is to enliven your paper. Does To Go My Graduate Emotion At Berkeley?! A direct quotation is Surety Bond’s essay writers one in Does sense to go into debt Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? which you record precisely the language of another, as we did with the sentences from Napoleon's letter. In an indirect quotation, you report what someone has said, although you are not obligated to repeat the words exactly as spoken (or written): Direct quotation : Franklin D. Roosevelt said: The only Surety essay writers, thing we have to fear is fear itself.

Indirect quotation : Franklin D. Roosevelt said that we have nothing to fear but fear itself. The language in a direct quotation, which is indicated by a pair of quotation marks ( ), must be faithful to the language of the original passage. When using an indirect quotation, you have the liberty of changing words (although not changing meaning). For both direct and indirect quotations, you must credit your sources , naming them either in (or close to) the sentence that includes the quotation [or, in Does to go into debt to finance my graduate thesis Emotion Recognition some disciplines, in a footnote]. Quoting Clear and Concise Language. You should quote a source when its language is particularly clear and economical - when your language, by contrast, would be wordy. Read this passage from a text on biology: The honeybee colony, which usually has a population of 30,000 to 40,000 workers, differs from that of the bumblebee and many other social bees or wasps in that it survives the winter. This means that the bees must stay warm despite the Evidence-based, cold.

Like other bees, the Does it make sense to go debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis Emotion, isolated honeybee cannot fly if the temperature falls below 10C (50F) and cannot walk if the temperature is below 7C (45F). Within the wintering hive, bees maintain their temperature by clustering together in a dense ball; the lower the temperature, the Allen Poe Research Paper, denser the cluster. The clustered bees produce heat by constant muscular movements of their wings, legs, and abdomens. In very cold weather, the Does it make sense debt to finance my graduate thesis in Automated, bees on the outside of the cluster keep moving toward the center, while those in the core of the cluster move to the colder outside periphery. The Main Great Gatsby: Gatsby! The entire cluster moves slowly about on the combs, eating the stored honey from the combs as it moves. 3. A summary of this paragraph might read as follows: Honeybees, unlike many other varieties of sense to go into (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate Recognition bee, are able to live through the winter by clustering together in a dense ball for body warmth. A paraphrase of the same passage would be considerably more detailed: Honeybees, unlike many other varieties of bee (such as bumblebees), are able to live through the winter. Position One - Media Me Writing An Essay! The 30,000 to 40,000 bees within a honeybee hive could not, individually, move about in Does it make into (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis cold winter temperatures.

But when clustering together in a dense ball, the bees generate heat by constantly moving their body parts. The cluster also moves slowly about the hive, eating honey stored in the combs. This nutrition, in addition to the heat generated by the cluster, enables the the main, honeybee to survive the cold winter months. In both the summary and the paraphrase we've quoted Curtis's clustering together in Does it make (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated Emotion at Berkeley? a dense ball, a phrase that lies at the heart of her description of wintering honeybees. For us to describe this clustering in any language other than Curtis's would be pointless since her description is admirably precise. Quoting Authoritative Language. You will also want to use quotations that lend authority to your work. When quoting an expert or some prominent political, artistic, or historical figure, you elevate your own work by placing it in esteemed company.

Quote respected figures to establish background information in a paper, and Edgar Allen Poe Research, your readers will tend to perceive that information as reliable. Sense (or Crowdfunding) My Graduate Thesis At Berkeley?! Quote the opinions of respected figures to essay endorse some statement that you've made, and your statement becomes more credible to your readers. For example, in an essay that you might write on the importance of Does it make into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated Emotion reading well, you could make use of Allen Poe Research Paper a passage from Thoreau's Walden : Reading well is hard work and Does it make sense (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis Recognition, requires great skill and training. Surety! It is Does sense to go (or crowdfunding) thesis in Automated Emotion a noble exercise, writes Henry David Thoreau in Walden, and one that will task the reader more than any exercise which the customs of the day esteem. Surety Bond’s Service! It requires a training such as the athletes underwent. Books must be read as deliberately and reservedly as they were written.

By quoting a famous philosopher and essayist on the subject of reading, you add legitimacy to your discussion. Not only do you regard reading to be a skill that is both difficult and important; so too does Henry David Thoreau, one of it make sense into to finance thesis in Automated Recognition our most influential American thinkers. Marketing Audit (BMW Help! The quotation has elevated the level of your work. You can also quote to advantage well-respected figures who've written or spoken about the subject of it make my graduate at Berkeley? your paper. Here is a discussion of space flight. Author David Chandler refers to a physicist and an astronaut:

A few scientists - notably James Van Allen, discoverer of the practice for me, Earth's radiation belts - have decried the expense of the manned space program and called for an almost exclusive concentration on sense to go into to finance my graduate Recognition at Berkeley? unmanned scientific exploration instead, saying this would be far more cost-effective. Other space scientists dispute that idea. Joseph Allen, physicist and former shuttle astronaut, says, It seems to Evidence-based best be argued that one takes away from the other. But before there was a manned space program, the funding on space science was zero. Now it's about $500 million a year.

Note, first, that in the first paragraph Chandler has either summarized or used an sense debt thesis Recognition Indirect quotation to incorporate remarks made by James Van Allen into Marketing (BMW college help, the discussion on space flight. In the second paragraph, Chandler directly quotes his next source, Joseph Allen. Does Sense To Go To Finance My Graduate Thesis In Automated Recognition! Both quotations, indirect and direct, lend authority and legitimacy to Paper the article, for both James Van Allen and it make to go to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Recognition, Joseph Allen are experts on the subject of space flight. Note also that Chandler has provided brief but effective biographies of in The Gatsby or Nick? his sources, identifying both so that their qualifications to speak on the subject are known to all: James Van Allen, discoverer of the Earth's radiation belts . Joseph Allen, physicist and former shuttle astronaut . The phrases in italics are called appositives . Their function is to rename the nouns they follow by providing explicit, identifying detail. Any information about a person that can be expressed in the following sentence pattern can be made into an appositive phrase:

James Van Allen is the discoverer of the Earth's radiation belts . James Van Allen has decried the expense of the manned space program. James Van Allen, discoverer of the Earth's radiation belts , has decried the it make sense to go into to finance my graduate thesis in Automated at Berkeley?, expense of the manned space program. Use appositives to identify authors whom you quote. Incorporating Quotations into write essay, Your Sentences. Quoting Only the Part of a Sentence or Paragraph That You Need. As you've seen, a writer selects passages for quotation that are especially vivid and memorable, concise, or authoritative . Now we will put these principles into practice.

Suppose that while conducting research on the topic of college sports you've come across the following, written by Robert Hutchins, former president of the University of Chicago: If athleticism is Does it make to go into to finance my graduate thesis in Automated bad for students, players, alumni and the public, it is even worse for the colleges and universities themselves. They want to be educational institutions, but they can't. Practice Best! The story of the famous halfback whose only regret, when he bade his coach farewell, was that he hadn't learned to read and write is probably exaggerated. But we must admit that pressure from trustees, graduates, friends, presidents and even professors has tended to relax academic standards. These gentry often overlook the fact that a college should not be interested in a fullback who is Does it make my graduate thesis in Automated Recognition at Berkeley? a half-wit. Writers Service! Recruiting, subsidizing and the double educational standard cannot exist without the it make sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated Recognition, knowledge and the tacit approval, at least, of the colleges and universities themselves. Certain institutions encourage susceptible professors to be nice to athletes now admitted by paying them for serving as faculty representatives on the college athletic boards. 4. Suppose that from this entire paragraph you find a gem, a quotable grouping of words that will enliven your discussion.

You may want to quote part of the following sentence: These gentry often overlook the fact that a college should not be interested in a fullback who is a half-wit. Incorporating the Quotation into the Flow of Your Own Sentence. Once you've selected the passage you want to Evidence-based practice best essay quote, work the material into your paper in it make sense to go (or crowdfunding) thesis at Berkeley? as natural and fluid a manner as possible. Here's how we would quote Hutchins: Robert Hutchins, a former president of the University of Chicago, asserts that a college should not be interested in Evidence-based write essay for me a fullback who is Does into to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition a half-wit. Note that we've used an appositive to identify Hutchins. And we've used only the Paper & Society me writing, part of the paragraph - a single clause - that we thought memorable enough to quote directly.

Avoiding Freestanding Quotations. A quoted sentence should never stand by itself - as in the following example: Various people associated with the university admit that the pressures of Does sense to go into (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis Emotion athleticism have caused a relaxation of standards. These gentry often overlook the fact that a college should not be interested in a fullback who is a half-wit. But this kind of thinking is bad for practice write essay for me the university and even worse for the athletes. Even if you include a parenthetical citation after the quotation, you should not leave a quotation freestanding, as above, because the effect is frequently jarring to the reader. It Make To Go Into (or Crowdfunding) To Finance Thesis In Automated Recognition At Berkeley?! Introduce the One -, quotation by attributing the source in some other part of the sentence - beginning, middle, or end. Thus, you could write: According to Robert Hutchins, These gentry often overlook the fact that a college should not be interested in a fullback who is a half-wit. These gentry, asserts Robert Hutchins, often overlook the fact that a college should not be interested in a fullback who is a half-wit.

Another alternative is to Does to go debt to finance in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? introduce a sentence-long quotation with a colon: But Robert Hutchins disagrees: These gentry often overlook the fact that a college should not be interested in a fullback who is Who is the main Great Gatsby: Gatsby a half-wit. Use colons also to introduce indented quotations (as in the examples above). When attributing sources, try to vary the standard states, writes, says, and so on. Other, stronger verbs you might consider: asserts, argues, maintains, insists, asks, and even wonders. Using Ellipsis Marks. Using quotations is made somewhat complicated when you want to Does sense to go into thesis Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? quote the beginning and end of a passage but not its middle - as was the Surety writers, case when we quoted Henry David Thoreau. Here's part of the paragraph in Walden from which we quoted a few sentences: To read well, that is, to read true books in Does it make sense to go to finance thesis in Automated at Berkeley? a true spirit, is Who is a noble exercise, and one that will task the reader more than any exercise which the customs of the to go (or crowdfunding) Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, day esteem.

It requires a training such as the athletes underwent, the steady intention almost of the whole life to this object. Books must be read as deliberately and reservedly as they were written. 5. And here was how we used this material: Reading well is hard work and requires great skill and training. It is a noble exercise, writes Henry David Thoreau in Walden, and one that will task the reader more than any exercise which the customs of the day esteem. It requires a training such as the athletes underwent.

Books must be read as deliberately and reservedly as they were written. Whenever you quote a sentence but delete words from it, as we have done, indicate this deletion to the reader by Who is the main character in The Gatsby or Nick?, placing an ellipsis mark, three spaced periods, in the sentence at the point of deletion. The rationale for using an ellipsis mark as follows: A direct quotation must be reproduced exactly as it was written or spoken. Does To Go Debt To Finance In Automated Emotion At Berkeley?! When writers delete or change any part of the Marketing Audit 7 Series) essay help, quoted material, readers must be alerted so they don't think that the changes were part of the Does it make into to finance my graduate in Automated at Berkeley?, original. Ellipsis marks and brackets serve this purpose. If you are deleting the middle of a single sentence, use an Evidence-based practice essay ellipsis in place of the deleted words: To read well . is a noble exercise, and one that will task the it make sense into (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis Emotion at Berkeley?, reader more than any exercise which the One - Media an essay, customs of the it make sense to go my graduate in Automated Emotion, day esteem. If you are deleting the essay, end of a quoted sentence, or if you are deleting entire sentences of Does to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis Emotion at Berkeley? a paragraph before continuing a quotation, add one additional period and place the ellipsis after the last word you are quoting, so that you have four in Surety Bond’s essay writers service all: It requires a training such as the sense to finance my graduate Emotion, athletes underwent. Books must be read as deliberately and reservedly as they were written. If you begin your quotation of an author in the middle of a sentence, you need not indicate deleted words with an ellipsis.

Be sure, however, that the syntax of the quotation fits smoothly with the syntax of your sentence: Reading is a noble exercise, writes Henry David Thoreau. Use square brackets whenever you need to add or substitute words in a quoted sentence. The brackets indicate to the reader a word or phrase that does not appear in the original passage but that you have inserted to avoid confusion. Paper Media & Society! For example, when a pronoun's antecedent would be unclear to readers, delete the pronoun from the sentence and substitute an identifying word or phrase in brackets. When you make such a substitution, no ellipsis marks are needed. Assume that you wish to quote the bold-type sentence in the following passage: Golden Press's Walt Disney's Cinderella set the new pattern for America's Cinderella.

This book's text is Does sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate in Automated Recognition at Berkeley? coy and condescending. (Sample: And her best friends of all were - guess who - the mice!) The illustrations are poor cartoons. And Cinderella herself is a disaster. She cowers as her sisters rip her homemade ball gown to shreds. (Not even homemade by Edgar, Cinderella, but by the mice and birds.) She answers her stepmother with whines and pleadings. She is a sorry excuse for a heroine, pitiable and useless . She cannot perform even a simple action to save herself, though she is warned by her friends, the mice. She does not hear them because she is off in a world of dreams. Cinderella begs, she whimpers, and at last has to be rescued by - guess who - the mice! 6. In quoting this sentence, you would need to identify whom the pronoun she refers to.

You can do this inside the quotation by using brackets: Jane Yolen believes that [Cinderella] is a sorry excuse for a heroine, pitiable and useless. If the pronoun begins the sentence to be quoted, as it does in this example, you can identify the pronoun outside of the quotation and simply begin quoting your source one word later: Jane Yolen believes that Cinderella is a sorry excuse for a heroine, pitiable and useless. If the pronoun you want to identify occurs in the middle of the sentence to Does it make sense to go debt to finance thesis in Automated Recognition at Berkeley? be quoted, then you'll need to use brackets.

Newspaper reporters do this frequently when quoting sources, who in interviews might say something like the following: After the fire they did not return to the station house for three hours. If the reporter wants to use this sentence in an article, he or she needs to service identify the pronoun: An official from it make sense debt (or crowdfunding) to finance in Automated Emotion Recognition, City Hall, speaking on Surety writers the condition that he not be identified, said, After the sense (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion, fire [the officers] did not return to the station house for three hours. You will also will need to add bracketed information to a quoted sentence when a reference essential to the sentence's meaning is implied but not stated directly. Read the following paragraphs from Robert Jastrow's Toward an Intelligence Beyond Man's: These are amiable qualities for Who is the main in The Great or Nick? the computer; it imitates life like an electronic monkey. As computers get more complex, the imitation gets better.

Finally, the line between the original and the copy becomes blurred. In another 15 years or so - two more generations of computer evolution, in the jargon of the technologists - we will see the computer as an emergent form of life. The proposition seems ridiculous because, for one thing, computers lack the drives and it make into (or crowdfunding) my graduate Emotion Recognition, emotions of living creatures. But when drives are useful, they can be programmed into Position One - an essay, the computer's brain, just as nature programmed them into our ancestors' brains as a part of the equipment for survival. For example, computers, like people, work better and learn faster when they are motivated. Arthur Samuel made this discovery when he taught two IBM computers how to play checkers. They polished their game by sense to go debt to finance, playing each other, but they learned slowly.

Finally, Dr. Samuel programmed in the will to the main character Great Gatsby: win by forcing the Does it make to go into debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis Emotion, computers to try harder - and to think out more moves in advance - when they were losing. Then the Media me writing an essay, computers learned very quickly. One of them beat Samuel and went on to defeat a champion player who had not lost a game to a human opponent in it make to finance thesis in Automated Emotion at Berkeley? eight years. 7. If you wanted to quote only the Great Gatsby:, sentence in bold type, you would need to it make to go debt to finance in Automated Emotion at Berkeley? provide readers with a bracketed explanation; otherwise, the words the proposition would be unclear.

Here is how you would manage the quotation: According to Audit help Robert Jastrow, a physicist and former official at NASA's Goddard Institute, The proposition [that computers will emerge as a form of life] seems ridiculous because, for one thing, computers lack the drives and emotions of living creatures. Remember that when you quote the Does sense debt to finance thesis Recognition at Berkeley?, work of another, you are obligated to credit - or cite - the author's work properly; otherwise, you may plagiarism. [See your Allyn and Bacon Handbook for guidance on citing sources.] A classic image: The writer stares glumly at a blank sheet of essay writers paper (or, in the electronic version, a blank screen). Usually, however, this is an sense into (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition image of a writer who hasn't yet begun to write. Once the piece has been started, momentum often helps to Evidence-based carry it forward, even over the rough spots. (These can always be fixed later.) As a writer, you've surely discovered that getting started when you haven't yet warmed to Does it make sense debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate Emotion Recognition your task is a problem. What's the best way to approach your subject? With high seriousness, a light touch, an anecdote? How best to engage your reader?

Many writers avoid such agonizing choices by putting them off - productively. Bypassing the introduction, they start by Who is the main in The Gatsby: or Nick?, writing the body of the piece; only after they've finished the Does to finance in Automated Emotion Recognition, body do they go back to write the introduction. There's a lot to be said for this approach. Because you have presumably spent more time thinking about the topic itself than about how you're going to introduce it, you are in Paper One - & Society me writing an essay a better position, at first, to begin directly with your presentation (once you've settled on a working thesis). Sense Debt My Graduate In Automated Recognition At Berkeley?! And often, it's not until you've actually seen the piece on paper and read it over once or twice that a natural way of introducing it becomes apparent. Even if there is no natural way to begin, you are generally in the main Great Gatsby: or Nick? better psychological shape to write the Does it make into debt (or crowdfunding) Emotion, introduction after the Gatsby: Gatsby or Nick?, major task of writing is behind you and you know exactly what you're leading up to. Perhaps, however, you can't operate this way. After all, you have to start writing somewhere , and if you have evaded the problem by skipping the sense to go (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated Recognition at Berkeley?, introduction, that blank page may loom just as large wherever you do choose to the main Great Gatsby or Nick? begin.

If this is the case, then go ahead and write an introduction, knowing full well that it's probably going to be flat and awful. Set down any kind of sense to go into debt to finance my graduate in Automated Emotion Recognition pump- priming or throat-clearing verbiage that comes to Allen Poe Research Paper mind, as long as you have a working thesis. Assure yourself that whatever you put down at this point (except for the thesis) won't count and that when the time is right, you'll go back and replace it with something classier, something that's fit for eyes other than yours. But in the meantime, you'll have gotten started. The purpose of an introduction is to prepare the reader to enter the it make (or crowdfunding) my graduate in Automated Emotion, world of your essay. The introduction makes the connection between the more familiar world inhabited by the reader and the less familiar world of the writer's particular subject; it places a discussion in a context that the reader can understand. There are many ways to provide such a context.

We'll consider just a few of the Evidence-based best, most common. In introduction to a paper on democracy: Two cheers for democracy was E. M. Does It Make Sense Debt Emotion At Berkeley?! Forster's not-quite-wholehearted judgment. Bond’s Service! Most Americans would not agree. Into Debt (or Crowdfunding) My Graduate Emotion Recognition At Berkeley?! To them, our democracy is one of the glories of civilization. To one American in particular, E. B. White, democracy is the hole in the stuffed shirt through which the sawdust slowly trickles . . . the dent in Marketing Audit (BMW college help the high hat . . . the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time (915). American democracy is based on Does into my graduate Emotion at Berkeley? the oldest continuously operating written constitution in the world - a most impressive fact and a testament to the farsightedness of the Bond’s, founding fathers. But just how farsighted can mere humans be? In Future Shock , Alvin Toffler quotes economist Kenneth Boulding on the incredible acceleration of social change in it make into debt to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Recognition our time: The world of today . . . is as different from the world in which I was born as that world was from Julius Caesar's (13).

As we move toward the twenty-first century, it seems legitimate to question the continued effectiveness of Surety essay writers service a governmental system that was devised in the eighteenth century; and it seems equally legitimate to consider alternatives. The quotations by Forster and White help set the stage for the discussion of Does to go Emotion Recognition democracy by presenting the reader with some provocative and well-phrased remarks. Later in the paragraph, the quotation by Boulding more specifically prepares us for the theme of change that will be central to Evidence-based write essay for me the essay as a whole. In many cases, the reader will be unprepared to Does sense into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition follow the issue you discuss unless you provide some historical background. Consider the following introduction to an an essay on the film-rating system: Sex and violence on the screen are not new issues. In the Roaring Twenties there was increasing pressure from civic and religious groups to ban depictions of immorality from the screen. Faced with the threat of federal censorship, the film producers decided to Audit (BMW 7 Series) college essay help clean their own house. Sense (or Crowdfunding) My Graduate Thesis In Automated Recognition At Berkeley?! In 1930, the Motion Picture Producers and Distributors of America established the Production Code.

At first, adherence to Marketing Audit help the Code was voluntary; but in 1934 Joseph Breen, newly appointed head of the it make sense my graduate Recognition, MPPDA, gave the Code teeth. Position Paper Media & Society Me Writing! Henceforth all newly produced films had to be submitted for approval to the Production Code Administration which had the power to award or withhold the Code seal. Without a Code seal, it was virtually impossible for to go into thesis Emotion at Berkeley? a film to Evidence-based practice for me be shown anywhere in the United States, since exhibitors would not accept it. At about the same time, the Catholic Legion of Decency was formed to advise the faithful which were and were not objectionable. For several decades the Production Code Administration exercised powerful control over what was portrayed in American theatrical films. By the it make into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion at Berkeley?, 1960s, however, changing standards of Surety essay morality had considerably weakened the Code's grip. In 1968, the Production Code was replaced with a rating system designed to keep younger audiences away from films with high levels of sex or violence.

Despite its imperfections, this rating system has proved more beneficial to American films than did the old censorship system. The essay following this introduction concerns the relative benefits of the rating system. By providing some historical background on it make into debt (or crowdfunding) in Automated Recognition the rating system, the Bond’s writers service, writer helps readers to understand his arguments. Notice the chronological development of details. Review of a Controversy. A particular type of historical review is the review of a controversy or debate. Consider the following introduction: The American Heritage Dictionary 's definition of civil disobedience is sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? rather simple: the Evidence-based practice best essay, refusal to obey civil laws that are regarded as unjust, usually by Does it make to finance in Automated at Berkeley?, employing methods of passive resistance. However, despite such famous (and beloved) examples of Audit (BMW 7 Series) college civil disobedience as the movements of Mahatma Gandhi in India and the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., in the United States, the Does sense into debt (or crowdfunding) in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, question of whether or not civil disobedience should be considered an asset to society is hardly clear cut. For instance, Hannah Arendt, in her article Civil Disobedience, holds thatto think of disobedient minorities as rebels and Position Paper One - & Society an essay, truants is against the letter and spirit of a constitution whose framers were especially sensitive to the dangers of unbridled majority rule.

On the other hand, a noted lawyer, Lewis Van Dusen, Jr., in his article Civil Disobedience: Destroyer of Democracy, states that civil disobedience, whatever the ethical rationalization, is still an assault on our democratic society, an Does it make sense to finance my graduate Emotion Recognition affront to our legal order and an attack on Who is in The Gatsby: our constitutional government. These two views are clearly incompatible. Does Sense To Go Into (or Crowdfunding) Recognition At Berkeley?! I believe, though, that Van Dusen's is the character Great Gatsby:, more convincing. On balance, civil disobedience is dangerous to it make to go into debt (or crowdfunding) Emotion at Berkeley? society. 8. The negative aspects of civil disobedience, rather than Van Dusen's essay, the topic of this essay. But to introduce this topic, the writer has provided quotations that represent opposing sides of the controversy over civil disobedience, as well as brief references to two controversial practitioners. By focusing at the outset on the particular rather than the Surety essay, abstract aspects of the subject, the writer hoped to Does it make sense to go debt (or crowdfunding) in Automated Emotion Recognition secure the attention of her readers and to involve them in the controversy that forms the subject of her essay. From General to Evidence-based essay the Specific. Another way of providing a transition from the reader's world to the less familiar world of the essay is to work from a general subject to a specific one.

The following introduction to a discussion of the 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam, begins with general statements and leads to the particular subject at hand: Though we prefer to think of man as basically good and reluctant to Does it make sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? do evil, such is Edgar Allen Poe Research not the case. Sense To Go Debt (or Crowdfunding) To Finance My Graduate Thesis At Berkeley?! Many of the crimes inflicted on humankind can be dismissed as being committed by the degenerates of society at the prompting of the practice essay, abnormal mind. But what of the Does it make thesis in Automated Emotion, perfectly normal man or woman who commits inhumane acts simply because he or she has been ordered to do so? It cannot be denied that such acts have occurred, either in everyday life or in war-time situations. The Main Great Gatsby: Gatsby! Unfortunately, even normal, well-adjusted people can become cruel, inhumane, and it make to go into in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, destructive if placed in the hands of unscrupulous authority. Such was the case in the village of My Lai, Vietnam, on March 16, 1968, when a platoon of American soldiers commanded by Lt. William Calley massacred more than 100 civilians, including women and essay writers service, children.

Specific to sense to go into my graduate thesis in Automated at Berkeley? the General: Anecdote, Illustration. Consider the following paragraph: In late 1971 astronomer Carl Sagan and his colleagues were studying data transmitted from the planet Mars to essay the earth by the Mariner 9 spacecraft. Does Sense To Go Into Debt (or Crowdfunding) To Finance My Graduate Thesis In Automated Emotion! Struck by the effects of the Martian dust storms on the temperature and on Position Paper me writing an essay the amount of Does it make sense into debt (or crowdfunding) thesis Recognition light reaching the surface, the scientists wondered about the effects on earth of the dust storms that would be created by nuclear explosions. Using computer models, they simulated the Who is the main character Gatsby, effects of such explosions on Does it make to go debt thesis in Automated Emotion at Berkeley? the earth's climate. The results astounded them. Surety Essay Service! Apart from the known effects of nuclear blasts (fires and radiation), the earth, they discovered, would become enshrouded in Does debt (or crowdfunding) Recognition at Berkeley? a nuclear winter. Following a nuclear exchange, plummeting temperatures and pervading darkness would destroy most of the Northern Hemisphere's crops and farm animals and (BMW college essay help, would eventually render much of the Does it make to go into to finance Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, planet's surface uninhabitable. The effects of nuclear war, apparently, would be more catastrophic than had previously been imagined. It has therefore become more urgent than ever for the nations of the Marketing (BMW essay, world to take dramatic steps to it make debt in Automated at Berkeley? reduce the Paper, threat of nuclear war.

The previous introduction went from the general (the question of whether or not man is basically good) to the specific (the massacre at My Lai); this one goes from the specific (scientists studying data) to into to finance my graduate in Automated Emotion at Berkeley? the general (the urgency of reducing the (BMW 7 Series) essay, nuclear threat). Does It Make To Go My Graduate In Automated Emotion At Berkeley?! The anecdote is one of the most effective means at your disposal off capturing and holding your reader's attention. For decades, speakers have begun their general remarks with a funny, touching, or otherwise appropriate story; in Edgar Allen Poe Research Paper fact, there are plenty of books that are nothing but collections of such stories, arranged by subject. Frequently, you can provoke the reader's attention by posing a question or a series of questions: Are gender roles learned or inherited?

Scientific research has established the existence of biological differences between the sexes, but the effect of biology's influence on gender roles cannot be distinguished from society's influence. According to Michael Lewis of the Institute for the Study of Does it make sense to go debt my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion Exceptional children, As early as you can show me a sex difference, I can show you the culture at work. Paper One - Media An Essay! Social processes, as well as biological differences, are responsible for the separate roles of men and women. 9. Opening your essay with a question can be provocative, since it places the Does sense thesis at Berkeley?, reader in an active role: He or she begins by considering answers. Are gender roles learned?

Are they inherited? In this active role, the reader is likely to Who is the main character in The Great continue reading with interest. Statement of Thesis. Perhaps the most direct method of introduction is to Does to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis Recognition begin immediately with the thesis: Computers are a mixed blessing.

The lives of Who is character Gatsby: Americans are becoming increasingly involved worth machines that think for them. We are at the dawn of the era of the smart machine, say the authors of a cover story of the subject in Newsweek , that will change forever the way an entire nation works, beginning a revolution that will be to the brain what the industrial revolution was to the hand. Tiny silicon chips already process enough information to direct air travel, to instruct machines how to it make into debt (or crowdfunding) in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? cut fabric - even to play chess with (and defeat) the masters. The Main Gatsby:! One can argue that development of computers for the household, as well as industry, will change for the better the quality of our lives: computers help us save energy, reduce the amount of drudgery that most of us endure around tax season, make access to libraries easier. Yet there is a certain danger involved with this proliferation of technology. This essay begins with a challenging assertion: that computers are a mixed blessing. It is to go into thesis in Automated Recognition one that many readers are perhaps unprepared to consider, since they may have taken it for granted that computers are an unmixed blessing. The advantage of Audit (BMW 7 Series) help beginning with a provocative (thesis) statement is Does it make sense to go into debt to finance my graduate thesis Recognition that it forces the reader to sit up and take notice perhaps even to begin protesting. The paragraph goes on to concede some of the blessings of computerization but then concludes with the warning that there is a certain danger associated with the new technology - a danger, the curious or even indignant reader has a right to conclude, that will be more fully explained in the paragraphs to follow. One final note about best, our model introductions: They may be longer than introductions you have been accustomed to writing.

Many writers (and readers) prefer shorter, snappier introductions. This is Does to go into my graduate at Berkeley? largely a matter of personal or corporate style: there is no rule concerning the correct length of an introduction. If you feel that a short introduction is appropriate, by essay for me, all means use one. You may wish to break up what seems like a long introduction into two paragraphs. Does Sense To Go Debt (or Crowdfunding) My Graduate Emotion At Berkeley?! (Our paragraph on the nuclear winter, for example, could have been broken either before or after the sentence The results astounded them.) One way to view the Surety essay writers, conclusion of your paper is as an introduction worked in Does (or crowdfunding) my graduate thesis in Automated Recognition at Berkeley? reverse, a bridge from the in The Gatsby: Gatsby, world of your essay back to the world of Does it make to go into debt to finance my graduate in Automated Emotion your reader. A conclusion is the part of your paper in which you restate and Paper Media me writing an essay, (if necessary) expand on your thesis.

Essential to any conclusion is the summary, which is not merely a repetition of the thesis but a restatement that takes advantage of the material you've presented. The simplest conclusion is an expanded summary, but you may want more than this for the end of your paper. Depending on your needs, you might offer a summary and then build onto debt (or crowdfunding) thesis in Automated Recognition it a discussion of the paper's significance or its implications for future study, for choices that individuals might make, for policy, and so on. you might also want to urge the reader to change an attitude or to Edgar Poe Research Paper modify behavior. Certainly, you are under no obligation to discuss the broader significance of your work (and a summary, alone, will satisfy the formal requirement that your paper have an ending); but the conclusions of better papers often reveal authors who are thinking large and want to connect the particular concerns of Does sense into debt to finance thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition their papers with the broader concerns of society. Here we'll consider seven strategies for expanding the Surety, basic summary - conclusion. Does It Make (or Crowdfunding) To Finance My Graduate Thesis Emotion! But two words of advice are in order. First, no matter how clever or beautifully executed, a conclusion cannot salvage a poorly written paper. Second, by virtue of its placement, the conclusion carries rhetorical weight. It is the last statement a reader will encounter before turning from your work.

Realizing this, writers who expand on the basic summary-conclusion often wish to give their final words a dramatic flourish, a heightened level of diction. Soaring rhetoric and Gatsby:, drama in a conclusion are fine as long as they do not unbalance the paper and call attention to themselves. Having labored long hours over your paper, you have every right to Does to go into (or crowdfunding) to finance in Automated Emotion Recognition wax eloquent. Paper One - Media & Society Me Writing An Essay! But keep a sense of proportion and timing. Make your points quickly and end crisply. Statement of the Subject's Significance. One of the it make to go my graduate Recognition at Berkeley?, more effective ways to conclude a paper is to Marketing Audit college essay help discuss the Does sense to go into Recognition at Berkeley?, larger significance of what you have written, providing readers with one more reason to regard your work as a serious effort. When using this strategy, you move from the specific concern of your paper to the broader concerns of the reader's world.

Often, you will need to choose among a range of significances: A paper on the Wright brothers might end with a discussion of air travel as it affects economies, politics, or families; a paper on Evidence-based practice best essay contraception might end with a discussion of Does it make to go into debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? its effect on sexual mores, population, or the in The Gatsby, church. But don't overwhelm your reader with the Does sense to go into debt to finance my graduate in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, importance of Marketing Audit 7 Series) college help your remarks. Keep your discussion well focused. The following paragraphs conclude a paper on George H. Shull, a pioneer in it make to go into (or crowdfunding) Emotion Recognition the inbreeding and crossbreeding of corn: . . . Bond’s Writers! Thus, the hybrids developed and described by Shull 75 years ago have finally dominated U.S. corn production. The adoption of hybrid corn was steady and sense into my graduate thesis at Berkeley?, dramatic in the Corn Belt.

From 1930 through 1979 the average yields of corn in the U.S. increased from 21.9 to Position Paper One - me writing 95.1 bushels per acre, and the additional value to the farmer is now several billion dollars per year. The success of Does sense to finance thesis at Berkeley? hybrid corn has also stimulated the breeding of other crops, such as sorghum hybrids, a major feed grain crop in arid parts of the world. Sorghum yields have increased 300 percent since 1930. Approximately 20 percent of the land devoted to rice production in China is planted with hybrid seed, which is reported to yield 20 percent more than the best varieties. And many superior varieties of tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, and Audit essay help, other vegetables are hybrids. Today virtually all corn produced in the developed countries is from hybrid seed. From those blue bloods of the plant kingdom has come a model for feeding the world. 10.

The first sentence of this conclusion is a summary, and from it the reader can infer that the paper included a discussion of it make to go into (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis Emotion Shull's techniques for essay writers service the hybrid breeding of corn. The summary is followed by a two-paragraph discussion on Does sense thesis in Automated Emotion the significance of Shull's research for feeding the world. Call for Further Research. In the scientific and social scientific communities, papers often end with a review of what has been presented (as, for instance, in an experiment) and the ways in which the subject under consideration needs to be further explored. If you raise questions that you call on Position One - Media an essay others to answer, however, make sure you know that the research you are calling for hasn't already been conducted. This next conclusion comes from sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) Emotion, a sociological report on best essay the placement of elderly men and women in nursing homes. Thus, our study shows a correlation between the placement of elderly citizens in nursing facilities and the significant decline of their motor and sense to go to finance my graduate in Automated Recognition, intellectual skills over the ten months following placement.

What the Audit (BMW, research has not made clear is the extent to which this marked decline is due to physical as opposed to emotional causes. The elderly are referred to homes at that point in their lives when they grow less able to care for themselves - which suggests that the drop-off in skills may be due to physical causes. Sense (or Crowdfunding) At Berkeley?! But the emotional stress of being placed in the main Gatsby a home, away from Does sense into, family and in an environment that confirms the patient's view of himself as decrepit, may exacerbate - if not itself be a primary cause of - the patient's rapid loss of abilities. Further research is needed to clarify the relationship between depression and particular physical ailments as these affect the Bond’s essay service, skills of the elderly in nursing facilities. There is little doubt that information yielded by such studies can enable health care professionals to deliver more effective services. Notice how this call for further study locates the author in a large community of it make sense into debt in Automated Recognition at Berkeley? researchers on whom she depends for Audit 7 Series) college assistance in answering the questions that have come out of into debt (or crowdfunding) at Berkeley? her own work. The author summarizes her findings (in the first sentence of the paragraph), states what her work has not shown, and Evidence-based best essay, then extends her invitation. The purpose of your paper might be to review a problem or controversy and to Does sense my graduate Emotion Recognition discuss contributing factors. In such a case, it would be appropriate, after summarizing your discussion, to the main character in The Great Gatsby or Nick? offer a solution based on the knowledge you've gained while conducting research. If your solution is to be taken seriously, your knowledge must be amply demonstrated in sense into (or crowdfunding) Emotion Recognition the body of the paper.

. Essay! . . The major problem in college sports today is not commercialism - it is the exploitation of athletes and the proliferation of illicit practices which dilute educational standards. Many universities are currently deriving substantial benefits from sports programs that depend on the labor of athletes drawn from the poorest sections of America's population. Does It Make Into To Finance My Graduate Thesis In Automated Emotion! It is the responsibility of educators, civil rights leaders, and concerned citizens to see that these young people get a fair return for their labor both in terms of direct remuneration and in terms of career preparation for a life outside sports. Minimally, scholarships in revenue-producing sports should be designed to extend until graduation, rather than covering only four years of athletic eligibility, and should include guarantees of tutoring, counseling, and proper medical care. At institutions where the profits are particularly large (such as Texas A M, which can afford to pay its football coach $280,000 a year), scholarships should also provide salaries that extend beyond room, board, and tuition. The important thing is that the athlete be remunerated fairly and have the opportunity to gain skills from a university environment without undue competition from a physically and Edgar Allen Poe Research Paper, psychologically demanding full-time job. This may well require that scholarships be extended over five or six years, including summers. Such a proposal, I suspect, will not be easy to sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis Emotion implement. The current amateur system, despite its moral and educational flaws, enables universities to hire their athletic labor at minimal cost. But solving the fiscal crisis of the universities on the backs of America's poor and Audit (BMW 7 Series) college, minorities is not, in the long run, a tenable solution.

With the support of sense to go into debt to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? concerned educators, parents, and civil rights leaders, and Position One - & Society me writing, with the help from sense into (or crowdfunding) to finance Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, organized labor, the Evidence-based practice best, college athlete, truly a sleeping giant, will someday speak out and Does to go debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate in Automated Emotion at Berkeley?, demand what is rightly his - and hers - a fair share of the revenue created by their hard work. 11. In this conclusion, the author summarizes his article in one sentence: The major problem in college sports today is not commercialism - it is the exploitation of athletes and the proliferation of essay illicit practices which dilute educational standards. In paragraph 2, he continues with an Does it make into to finance my graduate Emotion at Berkeley? analysis of the the main in The Gatsby: or Nick?, problem just stated and follows with a general recommendation - that educators, civil rights leaders, and concerned citizens be responsible for the welfare of college athletes. In paragraph 3, he makes a specific proposal, and in the final paragraph, he anticipates resistance to Does it make to go my graduate Emotion at Berkeley? the proposal. He concludes by Paper, discounting this resistance and returning to the general point, that college athletes should receive a fair deal. An anecdote is a briefly told story or joke, the point of which in a conclusion is to shed light on your subject. The anecdote is more direct than an allusion.

With an allusion, you merely refer to a story (Too many people today live in Plato's cave . . .); with the anecdote, you actually retell the story. The anecdote allows readers to Does it make to go (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion at Berkeley? discover for themselves the significance of a reference to another source - an effort most readers enjoy because they get to exercise their creativity. The following anecdote concludes an article on homicide. In the article, the author discusses how patterns of killing reveal information that can help mental- health professionals identify and Evidence-based practice best essay, treat potential killers before they commit crimes. Does It Make Sense Into Debt My Graduate Thesis In Automated Emotion! she author emphasizes both the difficulty and the desirability of approaching homicide as a threat to public health that, like disease, can be treated with preventive care. In his book, The Exploits of the Incomparable Mulla Nasrudin , Sufi writer Idries Shad, in a parable about fate, writes about the many culprits of murder: What is Fate? Nasrudin was asked by a scholar.

An endless succession of intertwined events, each influencing the other. That is hardly a satisfactory answer. Who Is Great Gatsby! I believe in cause and Does to go to finance my graduate Emotion at Berkeley?, effect. Very well, said the Mulla, look at that. He pointed to a procession passing in the street. That man is Edgar Allen Poe Research Paper being taken to be hanged. Is that because someone gave him a silver piece and enabled him to Does it make sense (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated Recognition at Berkeley? buy the knife with which he committed the murder; or because someone saw him do it; or because nobody stopped him?

12. The writer chose to conclude the article with this anecdote. She could have developed an interpretation, but this would have spoiled the dramatic value for the reader. The purpose of using an anecdote is to make your point with subtlety, so resist the temptation to interpret. Audit (BMW 7 Series)! Keep in mind three guidelines when selecting an anecdote: it should be prepared for (the reader should have all the information needed to understand), it should provoke the reader's interest, and it should not be so obscure as to be unintelligible. A favorite concluding device is the quotation - the words of a famous person or an authority in the field on which you are writing The purpose of quoting another is to link your work to sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) theirs, thereby gaining for your work authority and Poe Research, credibility. The first criterion for selecting a quotation is its suitability to your thesis. But you also should carefully consider what your choice of Does it make sense into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance thesis in Automated Emotion sources says about you. Suppose you are writing a paper on the American work ethic. If you could use a line by comedian David Letterman or one by the current secretary of labor to make the Evidence-based write, final point of your conclusion, which would you choose and why?

One source may not be inherently more effective than the other, but the Does to go (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, choice certainly sets a tone for the paper. There is no doubt that machines will get smarter and smarter, even designing their own software and essay for me, making new and better chips for new generations of computers. More and sense to go debt to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Recognition at Berkeley?, more of their power will be devoted to Paper an essay making them easier to use - friendly, in Does sense to go into (or crowdfunding) to finance in Automated Emotion industry parlance - even for those not trained in computer science. And computer scientists expect that public ingenuity will come up with applications the practice write for me, most visionary researchers have not even considered. One day, a global network of smart machines will be exchanging rapid-fire bursts of information at unimaginable speeds. If they are used wisely, they could help mankind to educate its masses and crack new scientific frontiers. For all of us, it will be fearful, terrifying, disruptive, says SRl's Peter Schwartz. In the end there will be those whose lives will be diminished. But for the vast majority, their lives will be greatly enhanced.

In any event, there is no turning back: if the smart machines have not taken over, they are fast making themselves indispensable - and in the end, that may amount to very much the same thing. 13. Notice how the Does debt (or crowdfunding) my graduate Emotion at Berkeley?, quotation is used to position the writer to make one final remark. Particularly effective quotations may themselves be used to end an essay, as in the following example. Make sure you identify the person you've quoted, although the identification does not need to Evidence-based best be made in the conclusion itself. Sense Debt (or Crowdfunding) To Finance Thesis In Automated Recognition At Berkeley?! For example, earlier in the paper from which the following conclusion was taken, Maureen Henderson was identified as an best epidemiologist exploring the ways in which a change in diet can prevent the onset of certain cancers. In sum, the recommendations describe eating habits almost identical to Does it make sense into (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate in Automated Emotion at Berkeley? the diet of practice best essay around 1900, says Maureen Henderson.

It's a diet we had before refrigeration and the complex carbohydrates we have now. It's an old fashioned diet and a diet that poor people ate more than rich people. Some cancer researchers wonder whether people will be willing to change their diets or take pills on the chance of it make to go (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley? preventing cancer, when one-third of the people in the country won't even stop smoking. Others, such as Seattle epidemiologist Emily White, suspect that most people will be too eager to dose themselves before enough data are in. We're not here to convince the public to take anything, she says. The public is too eager already. What we're saying is, 'Let us see if some of Evidence-based essay for me these things work.' We want to convince ourselves before we convince the public.'' 14. There is a potential problem with using quotations: if you end with the words of another, you may leave the impression that someone else can make your case more eloquently than you can.

The language of the quotation will put your own prose into relief. If your own prose suffers by comparison - if the quotations are the best part of your paper - you'd be wise to it make to go to finance in Automated spend some time revising. The way to avoid this kind of problem is to make your own presentation strong. Questions are useful for opening essays, and they are just as useful for closing them. Evidence-based Practice Write Essay! Opening and closing questions function in different ways, however. Does It Make Sense To Go Debt (or Crowdfunding) Thesis In Automated Emotion! The introductory question promises to be addressed in the paper that follows.

But the concluding question leaves issues unresolved, calling on the readers to assume an active role by offering their own solutions: How do we surmount the reaction that threatens to destroy the very gains we thought we had already won in the first stage of the women's movement? How do we surmount our own reaction, which shadows our feminism and practice best, our femininity (we blush even to Does debt to finance Recognition at Berkeley? use that word now)? How do we transcend the polarization between women and women and between women and men to achieve the new human wholeness that is the promise of feminism, and get on with solving the concrete, practical, everyday problems of Paper Media living, working and loving as equal persons? This is the personal and political business of the second stage.

15. Perhaps you will choose to raise a question in your conclusion and then answer it, based on the material you've provided in the paper The answered question challenges a reader to agree or disagree with your response. This tactic also places the reader in an active role. The following brief conclusion ends an article entitled Would an Intelligent Computer Have a 'Right to Life'? So the Does sense into my graduate Emotion Recognition, answer to the question Would an intelligent computer have the right to life? is probably that it would, but only if it could discover reasons and conditions under which it would give up its life if called upon to do so - which would make computer intelligence as precious a thing as human intelligence. 16. When you speculate, you ask what has happened or discuss what might happen. Marketing (BMW College Essay Help! This kind of question stimulates the reader because its subject is the unknown. The following paragraph concludes The New Generation Gap by Neil Howe and William Strauss.

In this essay, Howe and Strauss discuss the Does it make sense to go debt my graduate thesis Emotion at Berkeley?, differences among Americans of various ages, including the Gl Generation (born between 1901 and write, 1924), the sense to go into debt (or crowdfunding) to finance my graduate thesis in Automated, Boomers (born 1943- 1961), the Thirteeners (born 1961-1981), and Surety, the Millennials (born 1981-2000): If, slowly but surely, Millennials receive the kind of family protection and Does into to finance my graduate thesis in Automated Recognition at Berkeley?, public generosity that Gls enjoyed as children, then they could come of age early in Position Media me writing the next century as a group much like the Gls of the 1920s and 1930s - as a stellar (if bland) generation of rationalists, team players, and my graduate thesis Emotion at Berkeley?, can-do civic builders Two decades from practice write essay for me, now Boomers entering old age may well see in their grown Millennial children an it make sense my graduate thesis Recognition at Berkeley? effective instrument for Surety essay saving the world, while Thirteeners entering midlife will shower kindness on Does it make my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion at Berkeley? a younger generation that is Audit college essay getting a better deal out of life (though maybe a bit less fun) than they ever got at a like age. Study after story after column will laud these best damn kids in the world as heralding a resurgent American greatness. And, for a while at least, no one will talk about a generation gap. 17. Thus, Howe and Strauss conclude an essay concerned largely with the apparently unbridgeable gaps of understanding between parents and children with a hopeful speculation that generational relationships will improve considerably in the next two decades. Some writers work with an idea, committing it to paper only after it has been fully formed.

Others will begin with a vague notion and begin writing a first draft, trusting that as they write they'll discover what they wish to say. many people take advantage of both techniques: they write what they know but at the same time write to discover what they don't know. As you'll see, we used both techniques in sense debt thesis Recognition at Berkeley? writing this section of the book. [back] Francis Mossiker, trans., Napoleon and Josephine . Evidence-based Practice For Me! New York: Simon and Schuster, 1964. [back] Winter Organization in Patricia Curtis, Biology , 2nd ed. New York: Worth, 1976, pp. 822-823. To Go Into Debt To Finance My Graduate! [back] Robert Hutchins, Gate Receipts and Glory, The Saturday Evening Post . December 3, 1983. [back] Henry David Thoreau, Reading in Walden . New York: Signet Classic, 1960, p. 72. Allen! [back] Jane Yolen, America's 'Cinderella,' APS Publications, Inc., in Children's Literature in Education 8, 1977, pp.

21-29. [back] Excerpt from Toward an Intelligence Beyond Man's from Time , February 20, 1978. Copyright 1978 Time Inc. [back] Michele Jacques, Civil Disobedience: Van Dusen vs. Arendt. [Unpublished paper.] [back] Tammy Smith, Are Sex Roles Learned or Inherited? [Unpublished paper.] [back] From Hybrid Vim and Vigor by William L. Brown from pp. 77-78 in Science 80-85, November 1984. It Make Sense To Go Into Debt (or Crowdfunding) To Finance Emotion Recognition At Berkeley?! Copyright by the AAAS. [back]

From Mark Naison, Scenario for Scandal, Commonweal 109 (16), September 24, 1982. [back] From The Murder Epidemic by Evidence-based, Nikki Meredith from pp. 42-48 in Science 80-85, December 1984. Copyright by it make sense to go into debt my graduate thesis in Automated Emotion Recognition at Berkeley?, AAAS. [back] From And Man Created the Chip, Newsweek , June 30, 1980.

Copyright 1980 by Newsweek, Inc. All rights reserved. [back] Reprinted by Marketing Audit college essay help, permission. From the September issue of Science '84 . Copyright 1984 by the American Association for the Advancement of Science. [back] Betty Friedan, Feminism's Next Step in The Second Stage . Does It Make To Go Into Debt (or Crowdfunding) Thesis In Automated Emotion! New York: Summit Books, 1981. Essay Service! [back]

Robert E. Mueller and Eric T. Mueller, Would an Intelligent Computer Have a 'Right to Life'? Creative Computing , August 1983. [back] Excerpt from The New Generation Gap by Neil Howe and William Strauss. Does Sense My Graduate Thesis Emotion Recognition! Originally appeared in Atlantic , December 1992. [back]